What's new

Winamp 3 Final

`-Zolex-`

EmuHelp.com *****
For those of you who haven't downloaded Nullsoft Winamp 3 Final do it now. The improvments in this release are massive and are absolutely great.

Winamp.com

OP
Z

`-Zolex-`

EmuHelp.com *****
this is version that was released a couple of days ago your talking about?

If so, explain some bugs :)

blizz

the thing I like about winamp 2.8 is that it's relatively light on the ram hogging and easily skinable, you can get other mp3 players which hog less but not with the winamp skins

all I want is a lightweight audio player with nice skins and winamp does that

/me considers another fruity winamp skin thread.

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Hmm... IMHO Winamp3 is only good on my main computer (this one). I use 2.78c (I think...) on my ancient P75 laptop with 24mb ram, it _just_ _barely_ plays stereo / 44khz MP3s in 8 bit mode. No other player, even Fraunhofer's fast player, can manage on that laptop.

Anyway, Winamp3 is kinda too new to really be useful. It eats A LOT of cpu time compared to 2.x and doesn't have anyway near as many useful plugins.

Just my 2c... Winamp 3 isn't as good as 2. YET.

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
F*** Winamp 3. I got it and thought it was great, but now it sucks. First of all, my first and great Winamp 2 plugin can't be ported to it, next I downloaded a plugin for it that required me to reinstall Winamp 3, then it sucks some much RAM that it starts to skip. I hate the layout too. Oooohhhh.... you won't believe the bugs in the AVS Studio... Grrrr... The only thing I like is the Thinger and the AVS Presets (NOT THE STUDIO)

Untill most of the bugs dissapear, CPU and RAM stop getting wasted, and get better plugins, Winamp 2 is here to be king.

BTW: On the Winamp.COM site, I seen "Winamp 3, they say it was made by aliens" Maybe thats why it sucks so bad? :devil:

Last edited: