What's new

Question about NSF playback...

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
I was wondering how I could change the track. I just couldn't figure it out. Whenever I open an NSF file, it will only play the first song, nothing else. Can anyone tell me how I could change tracks because I love listening to NES songs in Stereo. It sounds very good. Thanks for any help! :)

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
hmm.. i'd never tried that my self, but yea, it rules listening to Goonies 2, Bionic Commando and Journey To Silius in Stereo :)

OP
Snake785

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
Thanks for your replies. Well, I use Winamp to play NSF files already, but in Mono. I tried Jnes just to see how they play and they played very well. The point for this post was so I could find out how to change tracks in Jnes. If you can't change tracks, then perhaps it could be a new feature in a future release of Jnes.

Btw, Nick, I use SNESamp but it's a plugin for Winamp (2.x). If you use Winamp, then there is no problem, if not, then go to www.zophar.net and find an SPC player there.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
The way to change songs is to use the NES D-PAD, the instructions should actually be printed on the screen when you open a NSF, and should be written in that lovely readme that comes with Jnes...

if not someone let me know because that is confusing :)

OP
Snake785

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
Hmm...well, for me there were no instructions on the screen when I opened it (the screen remained black) and I didn't see anything in the help file about how to work with NSFs. Unless I didn't see them, I don't know. Anyways, Thanks for telling me on how to change tracks, it did work. Heh, when I trying to figure it out, I never though the D-pad would control it, I was just mashing the buttons. :D Keep up the great work on Jnes! :) I just LOVE Super2xSai, it makes the game look so much better :)