What's new

Unofficial Daedalus D3D8

tmoney1046

Fire Man Until This
I cant get this plugin to work for nothing i tried it with pj64 and 1964 i just get a whole bounch of error messages its fustrating me :angry:

Kether

I had also tried the plugin with pj64 and 1964, and it display me a lot of errors, but only when the game is about 5-10 secs displaying 2d only graphics, but this error doesn't happen with 2d menus. It's a really annoying error, and i had to close the emulator when it happens...

I have WinXP... Could it be the problem? (all we know the "great" work of compatibility that ms has done with that os...). I can't install another os in my computer for now, and i don't know if I can test it in another pc with another os (but i'll try), so if anoyone knows if the cause of the error is the os, or if it is caused by another factor, please reply. (It's the first plugin i've seen that shows all the 2d gfx in EVA64, and i'me very happy with this (i'm a eva freak :p ), and i want to play it (and the other games too, but they work fine with other plugins ;) ) without having to be alert for skip all 2d scenes)

Thanks!

:yin-yang:

Trotterwatch

What graphics card do you have? I am guessing onboard, ATI or S3 something like that.

Oh, and it isn't an XP issue - I believe Rice actually developed the plugin using an XP machine. Also the plugin works fine for me in XP.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Yep..Rice uses XP - you can see that on his screenshots...
Also the newer emus and plugins run better on XP than 9x/ME as far as I heard...

Duncan

N64 Addict
If your not using a nVidia GeForce 2 card, your out of luck and it may not work for you, as this plugin is developed for nVidia GeForce 2 cards.

Kether

my graphics card is an Hercules Prophet 4000XT (i know it isn't the best card out there, but my computer is new, it cme whit it, and i don't have money for now to buy a new and better card :p ).

It's courious that this error only happens when the game shows "2d videos", but no when it renders the images... if the n64 was a cd-bassed system, with mpeg video streams, i'd understand it, but here... All the others 2d images work without any problem, but when it is a sort of 2d intro, the plugin gives an "unknow error". Sometimes i have also an application error that says "The instruction in (memory address) makes reference to the memory in (memory address). The memory can be read" (I have a spanish system, so the error is in spanish, and i tried to translate it, perhaps in english systems it isn't the same, but is something like it :p ). Also note that i have this application error more often in 1964 than in pj64.

It's really an strange error ???

Thanks.

:yin-yang:

OP
tmoney1046

tmoney1046

Fire Man Until This
thank you Kether thats the same thing that keeps happening
to me exactly the saame thing!:satisfied

DiaBlo666

i m happy with this new plugin, now i can play killer instinct gold a bit faster on my pc nice work rice!!.

but im getting some odd glitches on mario kart 64. ill post a screen shot here soon as i can...

StoneSour

Grrrgrrr, i have an 3dfx Voodoo 4 4500 and when i star to play, it crashes and say a whole of fucking errors that can't allow to play the games. Do you now why is happenig that to my?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Yeah, it won't run on any Voodoo card, period. Voodoo cards do not support DirectX well enough to run. I think the Voodoo 4/5 were designed for DirectX 7, maybe 6.

All you can do is use Glide64, or Jabo's.

Duncan

N64 Addict
StoneSour, you just pulled a Homer, doh!

3 posts above yours explains your problem

"If your not using a nVidia GeForce 2 card, your out of luck and it may not work for you, as this plugin is developed for nVidia GeForce 2 cards."

l@g

I have a voodoo banshee card, and nothing, no graphics, only sound... which drivers and/or tool have I use?