What's new

For Rice's unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel. 2 bugs report

DVRipperD

First, thanxs for you're hard work on this plugin. I hope someone will continue on it. :satisfied

In the overview of new features you state that banjo tooie and yoshi's story is fully playable. I just tried them both with Project 64 1.5 b1 and yoshi's seems to hang when you select the lucky fruit. (it just stays at that screen)

Banjo Tooie doesn't boot at all, but I believe that this is because the emulator doesn't support it because of the copy protection.

It this correct and what to do about Yoshi's Story?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You need emulator to play Tooie, all emulators that support it have not been released in public.

I said they are full playable in the plugin point of view.

Yoshi should be full playable, try 1964.

DVRipperD

Thanks for the info,

I've tried 1964_072 and it continues and plays great!!

Though somehow I've seemed to get past this point in Pj64, but I can't explain it. Maybe the new RSP plugin?? I don't know.
But i love the plugin already.

Thanks again Rice!!! :cool:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
if you read my release note carefully and completely, you should understand that your problem is dependent on your video card, and this plugin is using best setting for Nvidia GF2, does nothing at all the match its combiner/blende setting to your very video card DirectX caps.

Well, put this way, and as I said in the release note, you need to wait for someone to pickup the project and make it working for other video card, because different video card is really implementing DirectX in different ways. And many video card does not have good DX8 driver yet.

Most other DirectX plugins are using DX7 interface, since DX7 has been out for long time, video card usually support DX7 better than DX8, it's the reason why you have less combiner/blender problems with DX7 plugins.

btw, 16bit is not supported good enough, if you can, just use 32bit.

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Whops sory I posted a bug report on the other thread ???

By the way, I also get that video problem with WO64. I have a GF2 mx installed.

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
hi guys, I'm just posting to see if anyone else has this problem. Pokemon Stadium, menu images are suppose to be fixed aren't they.

well I still get the multi colour on the menu images in the main menu.

also how do I post pics, I'll show you guys

Oravla

Waan2k said:
hi guys, I'm just posting to see if anyone else has this problem. Pokemon Stadium, menu images are suppose to be fixed aren't they.

Set the FrameBufferSettings in Complete

harb

I still get only 5-10 fps with that plugin..
I tried every setting in project 64 and the plugin itself
I real don't knwo what I do wrong..
what's the newest ini for that plugin and where do I have to put it
to..maybe it's that but why is it that slow.......

:eek: :eek:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Oravla said:
Waan2k said:

Set the FrameBufferSettings in Complete

Just use default options, will be fine.

Trotterwatch

harb, I have searched through some of your older posts - but can't find one where you state your system specifications. I have noticed however that you have encountered problems with plugins and emulators before - so list your system specs, and let's see if the problem can be isolated. (Send me a PM if needs be) {sorry all for the off topic post}

XS Guile

Tireur d'élite
problem with 3d gfx

as MADrigal I posted a bug report on the other thread...:sleepy:
so copy paste...
"first sorry for my english in french ;-)
i have tested your plugin Rice and the 2d gfx is awesome, you really did an excellent work but i have some problem with the 3d gfx (see after)... and i saw that the plugin use pure HW T&L with my radeon 8500 and I have the same bug when i choose Direct 3d HAL T&L with Jabo's plugin so i want to know if it could be possible that you can let us (in the option menu) choose between Direct 3D and Direct 3D with Hardware T&L?
because the 3d gfx make all the game unplayable :-(
Please do something!!
Thanks again and vive la france!!! "

PS: I m not the only one who have this bug, radTube got it too...
PS 2: This damn bug wasn't in the previous version (unofficial daedalusD3D8 0.08...)

Please do something!!!!! (again lol)

now the screen ...

Last edited:

zorbid

Genenral problems:

After using a while, mainly when loading a new ROM, I get random BSOD : nv4displ.dll, page fault in non paged area, (Detonator 30.82).

Yesterday, when I closed a ROM in 1964 0.8.3c (I was playing in windowed mode), the desktop resolution was changed to the window resolution, then 1964 crashed. No problem in PJ, and it is fixed today in 1964 ?? kinda strange.

Today after I played a while, in 1964, the plugin has suddenly (after I restarted a rom) lost the ability to show textures. No problem in PJ. Strange, once again...
No more problems 30 min later. The only thing I changed is the ROM CD...

The winframe mode has little effect.

Game specific problems :

Beetle Adventure Racing : Unknown plugin error, for every frame during the options before the race (select car etc.). Dunno ingame, since I got bored after the 20th error and stopped the emulation.

DR Mario 64: background broken, pill not visible. With the default options. Ok but slow with frame buffer on copy&back. Pill flickering in PJ64, not in 1964 0.803c.

ExtremeG2: Fills the main memory (6 Mo free out of 576, paging a lot) during menu. You can see 1964 eating more and more memory in the task manager

FzeroX : major texture problems. + 'priority' (zbuffer?) : some things that should be hidden by the track apear over it (buildings and orange pyramid in the first race).

Harvest Moon, missing characters/text in menu

Mario Tennis : when using recomended setting (faster+recheck), my computer runs short of video memory when the emulator is using the framebuffer (splitted screen that presents players before the match / replay)

RR64: Use "Normal combine" to see the track. There are "priority
bugs" here too. (cfr screens)

Super Mario 64 (E) : The text is now broken (it was already in the
last version of the plugin). The text is still good in the official Daedalus plugin.

Last edited:

zorbid

Someone reported Mario's head being black, in another thread. Note that this problem apeared and disapeared with no apparent reason, only in 1964... :!!!:

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Very similar texture issues as to what is being described so far. See my specs below. I am confused however, as most info points to a Zbuffer problem, doesn't the GF2 and GF3 series use the same type? (hope that's worded right) I just thought the main difference in these two cards was the GF3 is faster and has a little more things it can do.

I also have problems when loading ROMs that sometimes they are just black screen, but I can hear the game sound. Does that just mean the game is not currently compatible to the plugin?

And finally, in my FrameBuffer settings for the plugin. I have two "Double Buffer Copy" in the list. Is this a bug? or is it known? And does it matter which one I use?