What's new

TRUFORM? deos it work

TetraTimbo

I was just wondering if anyone with a ATI RADEON 8500 can enable TRUFORM and have it work with a N64 emulator+game.

When I first read about TRUFORM, the first thing that popped into my head was how it could be used in N64 emulation. Its been, what, more than a year since the ATI RADEON 8500 and I still don't know whether this is posible.

All DirectX9 graphics cards like the RADEON 9700 and the N30 will support teselation. The 9700 is supposed to be able to render over 300 million triangles per second and the N30 will be faster than the 9700. I really like the idea of being able to make a low polly game have more detail. If I upgraded to one of these cards in the not so distant future I could probably run Mario 64 at 1600 x 1200 with AA on and still get an insanly high framerate. This is why I think that it would be a good idea to be able to use tesselation if possible.

If it is possible to use truform in an emulatior then could I see a screen capture of before/after Mario 64 or some other game? just wondering:)

radTube

lazy bastard
I don't think any of the n64 emu coders own a r8500, so they'll probably not support it in the near future. Anyway, at least on pc titles the support has to be implemented in the game, not the driver or anything, so it'll be hard to do in an emulator/video plugin.

Anyway, there's more important work to be done with the emulators than support for a particular thing most of the users won't even see, you've got to admit that. Truform looks cool on my 8500 though, and I wouldn't mind seeing it supported more widely...

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
It would be nice to see since most people own Nv cards. For a good reason also, they look good with the plug-ins. ATI is starting to make good drivers so there might be people who will buy their cards in the future.