What's new

Decent N64 Emulator?

Vchat20

Does anyone know of an N64 Emulator that will run at a decent speed on a 300MHZ machine? Ive got corn, the only thing it sems to be runing fine is Mario 64, but it has to be full screen 320x240. Someone please help.

what kind of vid card do you have?
cause ultrahle will run zelda and mario full speed if you have a voodoo card (1/2/3/banshee) etc etc and if you don't you can get a glide wrapper such as eVooDoo and be able to play heh thats what I do cause PJ64 is just a little slow on my system(specs below) and 1964 is slow too

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
it also depends on what processor brand you own. for example, a k6 300, pentium 2 300, etc 300. k6's tend to be slower in fpu intensive apps, but perform about 48% faster in business and the like, except when 3dnow is used extensivly (like in pj64:)), then the k6-2 SPANKS a pentium 2 in ANYTHING :)

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Well, I have an old, crappy system, it wont even play gba games at a decent speed. Here are my specs:

Celeron 333MHZ
160MB RAM
onboard atir3 vid (it's full name is ATI rage pro 3, and i think it has 4MB of video ram, but it uses system ram.)
onboard sb audio

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
EEK. your best bet is definetely ultrahle with a wrapper. try suprahle as it contains fixes etc by using hacks. for the wrapper i will reccomend evoodoo, it owns :)

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Hey, if you have the TGB gbc emulator, and any pokemon games, ill gladly trade ya or battle ya.

Stezo2k

S-2K
lol Vchat ur system sounds very much like my older 1 i used to have. Get an old voodoo 2 they are extremly cheap and run UltraHLE fine on a 333Mhz (i used to own both). Its a nice little emulator it plays around 70 nice games (Zelda, Mario etc) and dominator and crew are working on the emulator as we speak so more games could be possible. Zelda 2 is very possible cuz all ultraHLE would need to do is emulate the 8MB ram extention and it would work gr8 (cuz game is very similar to emulate to zelda 1, most n64 emus that plays zelda OOT play zelda 2, its a fact)

That would be the best option in my oppinion if u havent got the money 4 a new system. If u have, do it (make sure is an athlonXP ;)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Stezo2k said:
lol Vchat ur system sounds very much like my older 1 i used to have. Get an old voodoo 2 they are extremly cheap and run UltraHLE fine on a 333Mhz (i used to own both). Its a nice little emulator it plays around 70 nice games (Zelda, Mario etc) and dominator and crew are working on the emulator as we speak so more games could be possible. Zelda 2 is very possible cuz all ultraHLE would need to do is emulate the 8MB ram extention and it would work gr8 (cuz game is very similar to emulate to zelda 1, most n64 emus that plays zelda OOT play zelda 2, its a fact)

That would be the best option in my oppinion if u havent got the money 4 a new system. If u have, do it (make sure is an athlonXP ;)

wroooong

Dabba_Deh

The Sultan
They already emulate the 8mb function in Supra, & Zelda:MoM doesn't work yet. There are some other things that will need taking care of before that game will work.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
LoL stezo, so very wrong. the games are COMPLETELY different, using the hardware ALL different than OOT did. and incase you didn't know, the 8mb expansion IS emulated :)

Stezo2k

S-2K
ah i never knew it was emulated. from experience with other emus i guessed anything suitable to emulate zelda 1 could do zelda 2 with a bit of work. sorrrry

/me hides