What's new

Need help with an emu error!

piccilo7

I just dled 1964 emu, and i finally managed to get a Mario 64 ROM for it. When i open the ROM, i get a mssg saying: Error Viedo Plugin exception. Do you want to continue running emulation? If you click yes, nothing happens. If you click no, you get a mssg saying: Error, no timer event in the event list, this should never happen. What can I do to fix this? Or is my computer simply too gimpy to handle this emulator? =P Thanks for the help.

Acorn

First of all, read the readme.txt.

Second, if you havn't figures it out you may need to set up the "plug-ins"

These are the things you need to make 1964 work. Again, read the readme for more help on how to use them...

Second, I don't know if your computer is to gimpy to handle this emulator =) What are your specs?

schibo

Emulator Developer
hi,

that's a strange one. Of all games, Mario should run even on the provided plugins. What are your system specs?

OP
P

piccilo7

Pentium III *cringe* 450 MHZ 16 gig hard drive.. 256 MB of RAM, ATI pro video card.. I dont know what the problem is, im thinking maybe its a problem with the ROM, but i cant find any other mario 64 roms out there.. If you have one, it would be a great help to test and see if its just the rom or the entire emu. Thanks!

OP
P

piccilo7

Ok, ill tinker with t and see what I can do. Maybe theres some kind of menu where I could input my system settings for optimal performance? Oh, and you dont do what schibo?:plain:

Acorn

He means he doesn't give away roms I think.

Anyway just keep going throuch top lists, and going through the forums and affiliates of the more respectable sites you find, and you'll be able to find anything.

Btw, does your Mario 64 rom work in any other emus? Try other emus to test your rom, and run it through GoodN64 (get it at www.emulation64.com in the Rom Tools section).

I've got an Ati Rage Pro card on a cel 400 in my basement, and pj64 + mario 64 runs just fine.

OP
P

piccilo7

Ah! Thanks so much.. I'll have to try that. If it doesnt work on that emu ill know its a plugin i need :p Thanks for all the help, I'll keep you posted on how it works!

Acorn

Toplists suck : / But they are one of the few.. "legally" reccomendable way to find roms. And if you branch off far enough or find a good forum you might just get to the other side of the earth, emu that is :)