What's new

Conkers BFD plz frekin help me plz read

wazzup980

i need lotz of help on the game im so desprit.ok when i play it on pj64 it's all good exept one little minor glitch(just being sarcastic) THE GRAPHICS!!!!! the backrounds speed and sound is all good exept the characters are all black. My Spec's are
AMD ATHLON 1.1 ghz
ATI RAGE FURY PRO XPERT
57.2 gigs
plz help plz

Acorn

Its most likely your video card - the rage fury. Every ATI card I've ever tested an emu on has had a lot of weird graphics problems with it. If you get a Geforce 2 MX 400 or Pro (www.newegg.com sells for relitivly cheap, and are reliable, check them out on www.resellerratings.com , or look on www.pricewatch.com for other good deals) this wouldmore than likely be fixed. Of course, if you have the money get a Geforce 3... but the geforce 2's run emus nearly as well =)

For fixing the problem and still keeping the ATI card.. smiff or someone with more knowlage of ATI will have to help you there.

youngster

got the same prob. with geforce 2 go

Hi, got almost the same prob then you.

But I do have a n-vidia gforce 2- go (Laptop: so sadly no chance to change the graphic-card). By the way. Also in Zelda there are graphical glitches (fairies doesn't have any body...). I allready wrote to jabo, but he didn't seem to know why that's happing - hope for the next plugin.

P.S.: that prob. only appear with the newer plugins - the 1.1 D3D works fine.

OP
W

wazzup980

well......

i dont really feel like buying a new one just to make these roms work is the another way why cant jabo or who ever just fix the probs with ATI's? well then witch is the best graphics card to run the roms

IceLord

well

how can Jabo and Zilmar fix something if they don't have the card to work with...

Its a majority, minority case. Its only the minority of people who have ATI's.

zorbid

Furthermore, some old ATI gpus have hardware bugs!!
I don't know exacactly witch models.

Last edited:
A

A.A

i HAD this broblem too but on my GeForce 2 MX now i have an GeForce Mx 400 and it works PERFECT:D :D :D

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Re: well......

wazzup980 said:
i dont really feel like buying a new one just to make these roms work is the another way why cant jabo or who ever just fix the probs with ATI's? well then witch is the best graphics card to run the roms

pay jabo a decent hourly rate and perhaps he can do something... but you'll find it a lot cheaper to buy a decent graphics card, which you'll have to do sooner or later anyway. an athlon 1.1 with that g** awful gfx card is ridiculous, balance things out better.

zeus

A.A said:
i HAD this broblem too but on my GeForce 2 MX now i have an GeForce Mx 400 and it works PERFECT:D :D :D

You are kidding, right? The Geforce2Mx and the Geforce2Mx 400 uses the same core and the only difference between them is that the memory size differs, the Geforce2Mx is avalible in 16Mb and 32Mb versions and with the 400 nVidia introduced the 64Mb version.

And all problems caused by the core or the drivers should appear/occur equal on both cards. The problem is not with the videocard it´s with your drivers. When you updated them the problem ceased to exist and technically your card became a Geforce2Mx 400, eventhough it´s still a Geforce2Mx.

wazzup: And for your problem there is probaly only one reasonble solution, to upgrade your gfx card to a geforce or a Geforce2Mx both cards are cheap and they give good performance. Your drivers and/or your videocard is probaly missing a caps set used by Jabo´s d3d plugin.

Last edited: