What's new

Savestate = nosound

gra

sometimes when i save and load the savestate, there is no sound

And the only way to get the sound back, is to start the game from the begining

Anyone else have the same problem?
Is it fixed in 1.4?

zerohunter

i get that all the time when playing zelda:MM. im sure it happens on other games too. i hope theirs a way to fix it because playing zelda without sound it pretty bad, and i dont want to start from the begining.

Twelve70

This is a known issue. If you save your game using the normal way you won't have this problem.

Twelve70

Acorn

Ya, this happens all the time....

Try using the save state slots, I.E, save in slot 0, then a few mins later in slot 1,... then repeat when you've filled them up. this way you will never have to restart completely to get the sound back.

Also, sometimes but not always simply reloading the emu and reloading the game will fix the problem.

Yoda

try unchecking the 'zip and compress' option under the 'settings' menu under one of the tabs. i had the same problem w/ audio malfunctions and it doesnt happen anymore now that the zip option is turned off. maybe while its compressing, some of the zip data is corrupted during processing; the uncompressed files are bigger but they seem more reliable. just a suggestion.
:D

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
gra said:
Thanks Yoda

I'll try that
Ermmm.... don't!
Actully, unzipped save-states takes up 'bout 8 megs of space.
Zipped files takes up 'bout 3 megs of space.
You get my point?

Eagle

aka Alshain
I don't get your point. Most people are only playing one game at a time. 8mb isn't that much.

OP
gra

gra

Doomulation said:

Ermmm.... don't!
Actully, unzipped save-states takes up 'bout 8 megs of space.
Zipped files takes up 'bout 3 megs of space.
You get my point?

I dont really care how much space it takes

And it seems to work for me :) :)

Thanks for the help

Smiff

Emutalk Member
errrr... the audio problem has nothing to do with zipped states AFAIK... it was a flag not being set correctly... it will probably start happening to you again.