What's new

Zelda : MoM

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
OK - Finally got round to playing Zelda MoM, and does anyone share my opinion that it absolutly bombs when compared to the superlative Zelda OOT. The whole time thing just doesn't cut!!! Just wondering if anyone feels the same/different

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Neither do i, i rather like thw whole mask concept. though the days of oot were very memorablie.. sigh..

conclusion: your opinion is :bs: ;) ;)

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
OK I have to try and get into this game!!! It's just every moment of ocarina of time was perfect

blizz

hehe, wait till you get the final mask ;)

it lacks the feel that adult link brought to OOT but it's still a sweet game.

the snowhead dungeon is a real pain (although thankfully the boss is piss easy), but once you're past that the game is good, it's not OOT but what did you expect :p

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
snowhead was hard.. but the boss was easy as hell. all you had to do was spin at him and hit him, simple ;) yeah, the fierce deity mask r0x0r kthx. hard to get when you're using the real n64 with no GS :D

hotshitu

Banned
Grant64 said:
OK - Finally got round to playing Zelda MoM, and does anyone share my opinion that it absolutly bombs when compared to the superlative Zelda OOT. The whole time thing just doesn't cut!!! Just wondering if anyone feels the same/different

I tend to agree with you. Maybe because I've never owned the original MOM and I usually find it hard get the same fun out of a game or build up the same degree of immersion - this is true for most games by the way.

I found the storyline to be absolutely horrible in comparison to OOT (mind you, I only made it past the first temple before I gave up ;))

Also current emus lack in the gfx department, though this should be remedied sooner or later. doubt I'll ever touch the game again, let alone finish it, though.

thine_impalor

Local spammer
I got put off cuz i had to kill that boss SO many times to get the right combination for that NEW sword(gilded sword i think)...........and i only found out bout SLOWING down time L8r:(

Anchel

The Xpaniard
If you want to get that sword, you have to beat the snowhead boss before the first day ends. Then you have to beat the goron races to get the golden powder (if you call it like that). After that, go to the sword shop in the mountains and ask for a better sword. They'll take one day to make it. After that talk to them again and give them the golden powder. They'll take another day to make the sword unbreakeable.