What's new

Which CD burning program works best with windows xp?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
The program that I was using on ME doesn't work anymore on XP. Now I need to find a new program to use. Can someone tell me which program works good with win xp?

Trotterwatch

What program was you using on ME?

I currently use, Nero, and CloneCD. Though all of the ones I have tried seem to work fine (as long as they are updated).

Trotterwatch

Have you downloaded the WinXP CD writing updates? Oh, and I don't know if this matters too much, but I also have the latest Aspi Drivers for my CDrom.

I tend to do a lot of CD burning with Nero, both Audio, and Data and haven't had any problems whatsoever with it. I use the version before last of Nero as well (not bothered with the new version, doesn't do anything else I need).

icepir8

2bzy4ne1 said:
The program that I was using on ME doesn't work anymore on XP. Now I need to find a new program to use. Can someone tell me which program works good with win xp?

you may need to install a copy of ASPI32.dll. Microsoft doesn't ship this file with Windows anymore. A lot of CD burning software need this file.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
I use nero for every day stuff and FireBurner for making ISOs. nither have given me problems after winXP is all updated

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
I was using Easy CD Creator. I haven't downloaded all the updates yet but I plan on doing it sometime this week. Where do I find ASPI32.dll? Is it ok if I ask that question.

Josep

eyerun4phun
Jaz said:
Nero allways fucks up for me, running on XP. :p

really? damn, i use nero for pretty much everything, then clonecd, the discjuggler, and probably another one, can't remember off the top of my head;)

Olger901

Banned
I use CloneCD and Nero and Diskjuggler. The 3 best for me that work with XP

Btw also got a question: When I start my computer and I first play a game then shut down the game and try to burn a cd. My cd burner doesn't function. I first have to shut down my pc then wait 30 secs then start it again and have to burn it Right Away what could be the problem?

For my system specs see below: My cd burner is an Lite-On 32x12x40 CDRW

I also got this problem after burning a cd my other cdrom driver when I open and close it it thinks there is an empty cd in the AOpen player. I only got this prob in Win XP though but the burner problem is also in win98se

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

Nero is the only burning software that fucks up for me, it gives buffer underruns EVERY time I use it.

Never cut a coaster with any other software (I use D.J, Fireburner, EZCD, and Clone CD).

BTW, I had to resort to using ForceASPI to install the ASPI layer on XP.

:)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Actually I think your refering to Nero Express. It isnt the same as Nero Burning Rom, they are two seperate softwares. Nero Express is good for people who dont know what all the options are for like RAW, Joilet/ISO9660, ISO Level 1/2, Mode 1/2/XA, Track at Once, Disc at Once, etc. etc.

Eagle

aka Alshain
2bzy4ne1, did you know that Windows XP has built-it CD Writing capabilities? You dont need an external software to write CDs at all. However, many people (including myself) feel that Windows XPs writing features are lacking and choose to use another software anyway.

OP
2bzy4ne1

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Eagle said:
2bzy4ne1, did you know that Windows XP has built-it CD Writing capabilities?
Nope. :blush:

Originally opsted by Eagle
However, many people (including myself) feel that Windows XPs writing features are lacking and choose to use another software anyway.
I feel that way too. That's why I need an external program. I'm going to try Nero first. :thumbsup:

bodie

i always used nero but then switched to clonecd and easy cd creator platinum which worked fine until i got a dvd +r+rw drive(included sofware was lacking) and because of making countless coasters i have switched back to nero ..but i have used all with winxp and have had little problems with cdr-rw
bodie

L

Lachp30

I use Easy CD Creator on my old P2, but it always seems to chew up my CD-RS, cause I have the w92.funlove virus.