What's new

Problem with DaedalusGraphics

CRi{]v[}iNaL

I've downloaded DaedalusGraphics pre-3 and I'm gettin crap. The colors are messed up Im using duncans ini. the rom is good and all my radeon's settings are default. i got dx 8.1 here's a screenshot

Rice

Emulator Developer
Z buffer is not working. I don't think your card does not support Z buffer, must be your video card DX8 driver problem.

OP
C

CRi{]v[}iNaL

I now have a problem with the new version of Rice's plugin. the old one worked fine but the new one gives me the same crap I had on StrmNrmn's

here's a pic from Rice's old daedalus plugin

Rice

Emulator Developer
I think I know what's going now, your video card does not support the zbuffer format which it reports to support, or the zbuffer format it is reporting is not the one it suppose to support.

Too bad, if you can, take a look of src code, in GraphicsContext.c, in the function Initialize3DEnvironment(), change the depth buffer format to D3DFMT_D16.

m_d3dpp.AutoDepthStencilFormat = D3DFMT_D16;

That's all I can help you.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Uuuhm...ok...I've tested some roms...and I have some problems..but I have to say I have no clue which settings I need for the plugin anyway...
In Zelda OoT the turning N-sign is silver (looks pretty cool btw :p )...then the sky is black at first...the dirt clouds behind Epona are on black squares...on the next screen the ground texture is a bit messed up and the sky is RED (armageddon!!!)...but the Zelda-logo never looked sooo sweet, I have to say :D

In Mario the Head at the beginning is shiny black (looks also pretty cool, but...you know ;) )...rest seems perfect though :)

In Starfox I have a strange frame around the whole screen (but I always had that..dunno why...)...but ingame speed is great :)

Dr Mario 64 is a little messed up in the menus and totally ingame (that's not what it supposed to be, huh?)...and when a new game starts I get an error message (sorry...I forgot what it said)...

F-Zero X....uuuhm...is totally messed up...menues AND ingame...

Ok...what do I do wrong? :p

And wasn't there talking about an ini for that plugin?...where can I download it?

Thx :)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Engeljaeger, please read the readme.txt first.

You should always use default options, and don't play around the options if you have no idea what they are for.

Dr. Mario should work with default options. For the rest problem, if it persists, then it is related to your video card. You can wait for other guys to work on this project for your video card.

Default Options:

Frame Buffer: Double-Buffer Copy
Frame Buffer Setting: Faster
Hack: on
Alpha Blender: on
Normal Combiner: off
Color Combiner Disable: off
Smart Screen Update: off
Faster Texture CRC: Off
Scale Texture: Off
Big Img: on
WinFrame Mode: Off

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
CRi{]v[}iNaL said:
do i need visual basics do to the modifications rice?

I think you can use a free compiler like borland or bloodshed. If you want i can modify the source as rice suggested and post it.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Hmm...I USED the default settings...
It's strange because I don't have most those probs with Jabo's Plugin....and I have latest DX and grapics drivers...
Well...I guess then TNT 1 isn't really supported with the plugin, huh? :(

StrmnNrmn

cooliscool : You'll definietely need MSVC6 or VS.NET to compile either of the plugins (unless you've got a lot of C/C++ experience and could port the project over to Borland yourself).

CRi{]v[}iNaL: Like Rice said it looks like some nasty problem with the depth buffer being reported/selected incorrectly. If you want, I can send you the DirectX caps viewer and you can tell me which zbuffer modes it says your card can support. I'm sure the Radeon will support 32bit depth buffers (or possibly 24bit with 8 bits of stencil), so as Rice said (again) it could be a driver problem. ATi aren't reknowned for making the best drivers :)