What's new

Realityman Statement - Please Read

VoodooX

VDX ini Creator
Well I guess it had to come.....

" I have done some hard thinking this evening (well morning now actually - 1:39am) and decided that my hobby is no longer of public concern. As far as I am concerned UltraHLE is dead and buried and I will be deleting the source, roms and all the documentation I have (they will be gone by the time you receive this e-mail). Also, the RealityMan nick is, as of this e-mail, terminated. No doubt some people will say that this is another smoke screen or delay but to be honest I have had enough of the back biting etc that I have receivedfrom people that do not even know me personally or who have seen my work. HLE is dead now but it set out to achieve its aim and suceeded - to prove N64 emulation was possible. I will miss many of the people I have met in the community and will stay in contact with a select few but this is it for me. I have a family and new life to consider now - time to face the real world. Jagulator will continue privately as an interest for me when things are quiet. This is the final statement I am making so if you want to post it then do so. Kindest Regards."

Just posted for interest.....

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
#1) this statement doesn't say that people have the right to alter the source. The source we have now was not consented by the authors to be released therefore it just like any other close sourced program, the author(s) have full rights the their source.

#2) Why haven't the emulation hosts closed down those old web pages that arn't updated anymore? Makes it look sloppy, I would put up a redirect page to the main site and close it down :)

Yes but there is also the chance that the author(s) (most likely epsilon judging by the source comments) might have released the source under a new name etc etc and I think that RealityMan has more than likely caught the rumour of the source being out, and if indeed he had a problem with it he probably would have spoken, but then again he might not of heard yet, but I have a sneaky fealing that one someone he is still in contact with told him about it but all we can do is speculate unless someone comes forward with the truth, so don't worry about it
plus that statement above only shows the views of RM but what about Epsilon (anyone know him/her?) because the emu is still partial work of his and he may not see the same way

anyways thats just my two cents

Stezo2k

S-2K
yea thats more than likely the case daemon. RM more than likely knows about the source, if he didnt like it we would know by now. RM has given up the project due to him deleting the source so he wouldnt care and most of the work has been done by epsilon. Epsilon quit the emulation scene after ultra was released, so i dont think he'd mind ultra been kept alive. If they could of kept it alive at the time, they would have. It had to be discontinued at the time because of all the illegal rom players and nintendos bad oppinions & profit loss, also they didnt wannna get suid.

Heh i bet 3dFX was pleased of the arrival of ultrahle ;) hehe

Stez

Stezo2k

S-2K
aprentice said:
Im pretty sure ultrahle didnt get ended because of lamers, theres something else :D

it was mostly cuz of nintendo cuz they thought most ppl would be using it for illegal purposes I.e lamers, and some ppl was. big N didnt like this at all and took down a hell of a lot of N64 rom sites and could of suid the authors of ultraHLE, good job Epsilon & Realityman managed to quit ultraHLE after 3hours after the public release else they could of had big N on their backs

Stez

Yeah but that was due to how they presented themselves...
as long as they were not in posession of any illegal rom files they could have continued coding until the cows came home because emulators are not illegal and indeed everywhere (ever played FF7 for the comp? LoL btw worse emu ever lol) only argument the big N would have is how did they test their work but yeah lol but then again there are such things as home made demos that could of been used lol either way UHLE is still the best emu 4 me, at least until someone makes a better opengl plugin (cudos to glNintendo64() the only plugin to achieve over 50 fps on my comp lol while in pj64)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i believe uHLE was initially a victim of its own success. Much later RealityMan quit probably when he realised v1.5/v2.0 wasn't going to live up to expectations.

story was tho, smiff, (i know cause i followed it like a deity LoL) was that RM got fed up with all the bickering and complaining of all the noobs and the spamming etc, people didn't seem to realize that it was not something he had to do and that he felt that it was disrespectful and unappreciative, when he announced UHLE v1.5.0 he showed screen shots which showed progress in emulating games that UHLE previously didn't and they had almost no grapics problems what so ever, and even tho he had said that he didn't know when he would release it (it was right on the main page FLoG) all he kept getting was when will you release, why haven't you released it, thus he felt that they didn't deserve it and that he really didn't have to do it and that there were much better things to focus on (real life)...
so he ended UHLE's progress

Smiff

Emutalk Member
if RM hadn't set himself up he wouldn't have got any hassle.. remember RM did little of uHLE.. i have little respect for RM. The story you iterate there is the one he wanted you to believe... i'm not gonna argue, you can believe what you want, i'm just saying think about it.

Yes, you have a damn good point there too, he did set himself up to fall when he posted about the new version b4 it was even close to being released, and yeah he really didn't do all that much to the original, but v2 was gonna be awesome

Stezo2k

S-2K
they might of been fake pics. I Doubt realityman could make ultraHLE way better on his own, unless he had a hell of a lot of time, ultraHLE was mostly epsions work, it even said on that site where the source was leaked (might of been epsilions, cuz it said epilion did all the work)

thats my 2 cents ne ways

Stezo

LoL thats a good point too...
maybe RM closed the project cause he knew he couldn't deliver...
that way he would save himself the humility...
but then again, if he can make a Jaguar Emu on his own (could be fake as well, have no clue etc etc lol) he should have been able to advance UHLE but yeah everything is speculation so meh we'll probably never know the truth

really?
I haven't seen those pics since the www.ultrahle.com domain went down, by the way who currently owns it? its really strange that it is up and all it is is an ad and the title says UltraHLE - Ultra64 Next Generation Emulator...
it went down and then it appeared again rather cryptically (at first with some sort of message within the source code) but who is the domain owner? Why does it just sit there? Does anyone have a good idea of why or the actual truth of why?