What's new

how?

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
i want to hack vgs so it can play Chrono Cross and show the item's menu. what do i need and where do i start? and PLEASE dont tell me that i should just use ePSXe becasue i ALREADY KNOW it works with Chrono Cross. but it doesn't run at a decent speed on my PC plus i want a project to work on to help me learn more about hacking and coding.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
nevermind, i saw you just wanted to make the menu appear. not possible though, you'd prolly need the source for that. what are your specs? gotta be pretty low not to run epsxe well. but here's a tip, in epsxe's command line typ -p 25 it will increase speed by 15+ fps, works for all games :)

OP
Tri-Force

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how how

Trotterwatch

If it were that easy to do, don't you think someone else would have fixed it already?

A step by step guide for a hack on this scale would probably I am hazarding a guess be too big to fit onto a Bulletin Board - it'd probably require a book (or something).

Zephon

Key To The Universe
Actually, VGS already shows the Items Menu with some small modification. No need to hack the emu. You have to make an ISO from the NTSC game and convert it to PAL. rBnWares made a small tool to help you convert it (without this tool, many steps would be necessary).

You can find the tool and some more info here (scroll down the screen because this is kind of old):
http://www.aldostools.com/patches.html

OP
Tri-Force

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
Zephon said:
Actually, VGS already shows the Items Menu with some small modification. No need to hack the emu. You have to make an ISO from the NTSC game and convert it to PAL. rBnWares made a small tool to help you convert it (without this tool, many steps would be necessary).

You can find the tool and some more info here (scroll down the screen because this is kind of old):
http://www.aldostools.com/patches.html
i already knew that way. but I dont have the HD space to create the iso. and when i said give me a step by step i was talking about to do the frame rate for epsxe not to hack VGS.

OP
Tri-Force

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
yet ANOTHER thing that doesn't work for me. what if i do -p 50 will it go even faster. or is that just reasonable theory that has negative results.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Would using resource hacker work? I've seen this program used to hack vgs before so maybe this could help you on your way. If you want to try it, just go here

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
First of all, Resource Hacker can only be used to change the interface, not the actual code, and then only if it's stored using the standard Windows resource format. Some programs store some code as resources, but you'd still have to RE it to make any sense out of it.