What's new

Zelda, Kokiri forest top view (help)

Anton

I like beer
How can I make a screenshot (or where can I get it, if it exists)
of a detailed top view of kokiri forest??

Help... plz.

I need it for my quake3 map, (remake of kokiri forest)

Pir4nhaX

Mupen64 Team
Anton said:
How can I make a screenshot (or where can I get it, if it exists)
of a detailed top view of kokiri forest??

Help... plz.

I need it for my quake3 map, (remake of kokiri forest)

are legal this king of n00b's threads? :D :D
F12, F5, or just use Impr pant PetSis key...

OP
Anton

Anton

I like beer
"F12, F5, or just use Impr pant PetSis key..." - sorry, don't understand...

And what is illegal?

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
Impr pant and then open the paint ( if you have the windows ) and Paste.

This solution is alternative to the F5 or F12 XD

-----Spanish English XDDDD --------

LD.

*poke*
He's not asking how to take the screenshot, he wants one taken from a new angle. As far as I know, there is no place where you can get a top-down view of kokiri forest. You might be able to get one by using the levitation cheat, but I think the camera snaps to directly behind link.

OP
Anton

Anton

I like beer
LD. said:
He's not asking how to take the screenshot, he wants one taken from a new angle. As far as I know, there is no place where you can get a top-down view of kokiri forest. You might be able to get one by using the levitation cheat, but I think the camera snaps to directly behind link.

Yes, this is exactly what I need.
And I tried levitation cheat - but it's impossible to look down & take a screenshot. Camera snaps behind Link, you're right LD.
The one place for screenshots, the highest place in kokiri - is the view from entrance to lost woods, but this is not a top view...
I need this top view to make my level look proportional, to make it look exactly like kokiri forest is, to see where all houses, items, etc. are.
I found some maps of KF, but there are just crappy drawings.

Also there is a problem to have all needed textures. I'm too lazy to find & extract them from rom... need to search all 1456 *.dat files, extracted from rom, many with bad quality... oh no.... :sleepy:

OP
Anton

Anton

I like beer
Gelon.com said:
and then open the paint ( if you have the windows ) and Paste

Paint? No :)

I never even install this.
Photoshop. Only and forever.

Adult_Link

Mission:Chase Gannon
Just one question:

If u already need a map for kokiri forest (!), how the h**l do u want to beat the whole game ???

OP
Anton

Anton

I like beer
I don't need this map to play the game.
I already finished Zelda a year ago :)
I almost even translated it to russian language (see my web page below)
This map is needed for only to have a PICTURE, how kokiri forest exactly looks like. For remaking it to quake3 map.

Last edited:

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Many walkthrough sites contain fairly detailed top view shots, don't know if this helps I am unfamiliar with the level editor on Quake3. But if you just need a layout and dimensions this could help.

OP
Anton

Anton

I like beer
Grant64 said:
Many walkthrough sites contain fairly detailed top view shots, don't know if this helps I am unfamiliar with the level editor on Quake3. But if you just need a layout and dimensions this could help.

Didn't find any site with detailed maps & top views yet.
But I'll search again...
Thnx.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Hold on this is a view I got in Zelda MoM - I was wondering if you could do this. It may help!!!

OP
Anton

Anton

I like beer
Yes!!!
This is exactly what I need.

Thanks cooliscoo!! Thank you very much!

How did you make it??

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
using the levitate cheat in pj64 beta 1.5 :) i held L down for about 2 minutes, then let go. the camera automatically faces down after that. :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
you can try to save the image to your hd and use photoshop to zoom in if u need to see it better. i'll go try to take better shots of it now, since i love to help people (and i love quake3 :))