PDA

View Full Version : Zelda, Kokiri forest top view (help)

Anton
July 31st, 2002, 14:55
How can I make a screenshot (or where can I get it, if it exists)
of a detailed top view of kokiri forest??

Help... plz.

I need it for my quake3 map, (remake of kokiri forest)

Pir4nhaX
July 31st, 2002, 19:10
Originally posted by Anton
How can I make a screenshot (or where can I get it, if it exists)
of a detailed top view of kokiri forest??

Help... plz.

I need it for my quake3 map, (remake of kokiri forest)

are legal this king of n00b's threads? :D :D
F12, F5, or just use Impr pant PetSis key...

Anton
July 31st, 2002, 19:18
"F12, F5, or just use Impr pant PetSis key..." - sorry, don't understand...

And what is illegal?

Doomulation
July 31st, 2002, 19:23
He's kidding with ya...

Gelon.com
July 31st, 2002, 21:48
Impr pant and then open the paint ( if you have the windows ) and Paste.

This solution is alternative to the F5 or F12 XD

-----Spanish English XDDDD --------

LD.
August 1st, 2002, 04:07
He's not asking how to take the screenshot, he wants one taken from a new angle. As far as I know, there is no place where you can get a top-down view of kokiri forest. You might be able to get one by using the levitation cheat, but I think the camera snaps to directly behind link.

2bzy4ne1
August 1st, 2002, 04:22
Originally posted by Anton
I need it for my quake3 map, (remake of kokiri forest) That sounds interesting, a quake3 map of kokori forest...:!!!:

mesman00
August 1st, 2002, 05:12
ahh, ur buddy icon is awesome... the simpsons, where did ug et it??

Anton
August 1st, 2002, 10:23
Originally posted by LD.
He's not asking how to take the screenshot, he wants one taken from a new angle. As far as I know, there is no place where you can get a top-down view of kokiri forest. You might be able to get one by using the levitation cheat, but I think the camera snaps to directly behind link.

Yes, this is exactly what I need.
And I tried levitation cheat - but it's impossible to look down & take a screenshot. Camera snaps behind Link, you're right LD.
The one place for screenshots, the highest place in kokiri - is the view from entrance to lost woods, but this is not a top view...
I need this top view to make my level look proportional, to make it look exactly like kokiri forest is, to see where all houses, items, etc. are.
I found some maps of KF, but there are just crappy drawings.

Also there is a problem to have all needed textures. I'm too lazy to find & extract them from rom... need to search all 1456 *.dat files, extracted from rom, many with bad quality... oh no.... :sleepy:

Anton
August 1st, 2002, 10:28
Originally posted by Gelon.com
and then open the paint ( if you have the windows ) and Paste

Paint? No :)

I never even install this.
Photoshop. Only and forever.

Adult_Link
August 2nd, 2002, 00:52
Just one question:

If u already need a map for kokiri forest (!), how the h**l do u want to beat the whole game ???

Anton
August 2nd, 2002, 10:33
I don't need this map to play the game.
I already finished Zelda a year ago :)
I almost even translated it to russian language (see my web page below)
This map is needed for only to have a PICTURE, how kokiri forest exactly looks like. For remaking it to quake3 map.

Grant64
August 3rd, 2002, 15:23
Many walkthrough sites contain fairly detailed top view shots, don't know if this helps I am unfamiliar with the level editor on Quake3. But if you just need a layout and dimensions this could help.

Anton
August 3rd, 2002, 15:41
Originally posted by Grant64
Many walkthrough sites contain fairly detailed top view shots, don't know if this helps I am unfamiliar with the level editor on Quake3. But if you just need a layout and dimensions this could help.

Didn't find any site with detailed maps & top views yet.
But I'll search again...
Thnx.

Grant64
August 4th, 2002, 02:52
Hold on this is a view I got in Zelda MoM - I was wondering if you could do this. It may help!!!

2bzy4ne1
August 4th, 2002, 03:15
Originally posted by mesman00
ahh, ur buddy icon is awesome... the simpsons, where did ug et it?? Click here. (http://springfield-shopper.de/Pictures/anigifs.shtml) There are plenty more gifs where that came from on this site.

cooliscool
August 5th, 2002, 15:41
here's a shot anton.. best i could get :)

Anton
August 5th, 2002, 15:49
Yes!!!
This is exactly what I need.

Thanks cooliscoo!! Thank you very much!

How did you make it??

cooliscool
August 5th, 2002, 15:56
using the levitate cheat in pj64 beta 1.5 :) i held L down for about 2 minutes, then let go. the camera automatically faces down after that. :)

cooliscool
August 5th, 2002, 15:59
you can try to save the image to your hd and use photoshop to zoom in if u need to see it better. i'll go try to take better shots of it now, since i love to help people (and i love quake3 :))

cooliscool
August 5th, 2002, 16:09
here's another angle:pj64:

Anton
August 5th, 2002, 16:18
Thanks!

I know levitate cheat, but camera is just behind Link, and I can't move it...

...Now with this shots I can rebuild kokiri forest as closer as possible :)

And there are a lot of work with textures. Maybe I'll use similar textures. Not kokiri's own ones, because when textures extracted from rom, the quality is very bad. Same when making them from screenshots even at 1024 x 768 resolution. (I can't make better resolution... monitor sucks...)