What's new

Calling Dom:

Status
Not open for further replies.

crhylove

Banned
I've been doing ALOT of reading in here, and no posting (the ultrahle area). There are several reasons for this, foremost being that I'm not some leet coder, and that i wasn't even in the scene during the entire ultrahle reign.

However, in the present chaos that is the uhle scene, I DEFINITELY feel a need for some kind of order.

So, I'm volunteering, but in a very humble and admiring way, i'm really calling for dom to volunteer for this, since he did so much incredible hacking in SHLE and has generally been a great guy on irc, etc.

Currently there are so many little fix patches all over for uhle, and uhle is EFFECTIVELY the best emu out currently, and anyone knows who's seen me around the scene that i am a HUGE 1964 fan, so let me explain in a moment, that i REALLY feel the need for a centralized/unified uhle mod/shle part two effort. If there is one in the works already that I don't know about, for god sakes post a reply to this and start a new forum area, if it's alright with Martin, et al.

Now let me explain the effective comment before some huge troll war starts between smiff and some huge brigade of other people, who largely as far i can tell NONE of them (including smiff) are coders, or give the respect that coders (and yes hackers like dom, too) deserve. Not that i agree with the current public opinion about "intellectual property". But these are ALL seperate debates and political and will get locked after a flame war, so DON'T POST THAT CRAP HERE! PERIOD.

I don't want to see a reply, "people should give up uhle, etc." that's just ludicrous, so go to some other forum. don't start a flame war in here.

effective: by this i mean, the most useful, the highest compat, whatever you want to call it, and i'm saying not for EVERY person, personally i have a kick ass machine, and 1964 roxors, no ? about it. but the vast majority of the planet do not have the meager monitary resources that i do, much less others in here that have dual MP setups with brand new geforce 4400 ti's and what not.

so for the world, and online IS the world, despite the vast majority of english/americans in this forum that might say/think otherwise, uhle due to it's HLE, which yes i know is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN LLE, and therefore comparing uhle to 1964/pj64/nemu/etc/etc/etc is like comparing apples to orangutans, is more readily usable at a decent framerate etc. for a significant majority of the world population.

part of what i'm saying here, is that corn/uhle let the havenots, many of whom are only so because of their region of birth, which i think is ludicrous to say "their problem", in on n64 emulation, which is a VERY VERY cool thing on so many levels that i can't begin to codify it into sentences.

so here's what i'm proposing:
Dom start a sourceforge project or something else like that so that there is a cvs of the latest UHLE PART 2 code up for grabs, so that all these authors have a chance to COMBINE thier efforts.

if RM/Epsilon want to come after dom legally, great, he can just take the site down.

and *I* will start one on freenet or gnucleus, or efnet, or somewhere, cuz this NEEDS to be done, all of our petty little ideas/personalities aside.

now if dom wants no part of it, and who can blame him when he's put in so much time and effort only to be flamed by a bunch of JERKS and then have the source leaked which in some ways makes his work seem like a forgotten page in history, then *i'll* start it.

tomorrow.

post your comments here. but if you're not interested in supporting this new project (as yet to be named), then gtfa! (that means leave, and don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out), and just want to start a flame war, then hopefully someone with mod powers will loose your comments in the digital ether, and if *i* end up involved in the web/ftp/irc/forum admin for this project, then *i* will do it.

flame wars waste MY time when they come up and i'm trying to read about emu. besides which they are hurtful (obviously) to some people who have done some great things. (smiff's website, biased as it may be, dom's efforts that should never be forgotten in shle, which were worthy, and admirable, and many others i couldn't possibly name them all without doubling the size of this already HUGE post.

thnx.
rhy

flow``

flow``
maybe Dom already has interest in doing things with the source. As we've heard, obviously Dave does and other's have released builds with minor fixes/features as well.

there is no real need for it to be on CVS sourceforge. 1964, pj64, and other's arent (with exception to daedalus).

if you can/plan to modify the uhle source, then it's up to you as to what you want to do with it as far as intents and sourceforge or related things....

not to sound negative toward you, but you should just let dom do his thing and not try to start 3rd party prepositions without any real involvement in the project other then an end user :p

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
agreed, but....

dom hasn't posted any plans that i know of.

in fact, i heard a rumor on irc or somewhere that he's "frustrated", and possibly quitting the emu scene or something. this would be a tragedy, i think he should head something like this. but i mean, *i* just don't know, so i'm volunteering. as to sourceforge, i just think it's a handy spot to have a daily cvs at.

and personally, i think being able to build a release out of a daily build would be sweet.

besides the fact that u WOULD have some extra linux devers probably contrib some code.

especially if you started "aiming" towards opengl, as some guy has already started to get working, afaik.

in fact, i think an opengl emu/plugin would help alot of people, as 80% of the people out there who are really into emu (currently) use a geforce or derivative.

for instance the latest tr64 plug .6 looks BEAUTIFUL on my machine, in many games. *i* can see the diff, between directx rendering (besides who wants to support MS?).

anyway. this is why this topic is "calling dom" so that he can post here and tell me to just wait if he is up to something. :)

also it's to encourage all uhle hacking since there has been so much "negative press" lately, including the rather unexplained disappearance of the shle forum.

rhy

/edit

i've begun steps for a sourceforge site including cvs. the project name will be ohle (pronounced OH-LEE) for open high level emulation.

site design/logo submissions are welcome in this thread. Preferably with no trademarked/liscenced material.

current goals include:
code cleaning/speeding
zip support
open gl implementation
portability (at the very least, some WINE testing/hacking?)
zilmar spec plugin compat
SIRD visual output
OPEN daily build compile options, and beta/stable releases.

w00t!

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Re: agreed, but....

crhylove said:
dom hasn't posted any plans that i know of.
anyway. this is why this topic is "calling dom" so that he can post here and tell me to just wait if he is up to something. :)

lol, A private msg can also do that, & save starting another possible flaming (Spamming) Thread.

But again Authors dont like msg's Or Posts like
"come on then when, what & how"

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Stop mentioning me in every post related to this, i have nothing to do with it... if you think i don't respect coders you've really misunderstood me... I respect everyone who deserved respect, whatever their contribution... I respect Gent here for his hard work on Cheats and friendly chats... I respect you crhylove for your honest desire to coordinate uHLE work. I take offense to my website being biased... would you care to back that up... but not on the forum, PM or email me... I have uHLE summarised as "for a few games on an old system" - seems dead on to me.

Trotterwatch

UltraHLE if the source ever gets updated still has potential, albeit small. A few of the already emulated games being emulated slightly better, as well as a small 1% or so increase in compatability would be welcomed, and achievable I assume. Combined with Zip support, and the spaces error solved, it would be a welcomed edition to the N64 Emu family (for lower end users).

I think the word that needs mentioning here is 'perspective'. UltraHLE has a core that AFAIK is not complete enough to support that many games. So in reality, it will never be a competitor to, PJ64, 1964, Apollo, etc

Having it open sourced is an admirable intention, but due to the nature of how the code was released, perhaps wide open sourcing it wouldn't be a good idea. A small team though eradicating existing bugs would be the best thing, IMHO.

Lastly, let's not put Dominator, or any of the other programmers under any pressure. Let them decide what they want to do, and when they want to do it. Whatever action an Emu author takes regarding a specific project should be accepted by all - for they are the ones that have to spend an awful lot of time on it.

flow``

flow``
"I take offense to my website being biased... "

hmm.... interesting statement.
that reminds me, is NeSC biased against suprahle? because i hate biased websites too ya know.

zorbid

Oh, shit!

This is starting to be boring. I've been on hollydays for 1 week, but that flame war had already begun. I can easilly imagine what happened during that week.

By now, everybody knows everyone else's opinion about this shit. Please stop being childish.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Well if we take flow's age to be 14, and mature to be 21, come back in 7 years, or when Martin throws flow out, whichever comes sooner.

flow you know perfectly well why SupraHLE isn't on my site, and bias has nothing to do with it.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
i hope this thread don't go the way the last one did..

anyways.. crhylove.. i completly understand where your comming from but i think it's best to wait and see :).. if something is donne with it.. it will come out sooner or later.. there's probably not to few ppl wanting to work with it.. it's probably the oposite.. so if there's nothing donne with it.. then there will most surelly be a release in time.. but i would'nt bet on it.. that i know of Dom is very busy with real life.. and i haven't seen him online in a few days :(.. Domin0000.. where are j0000!!!.. buhuuu ;~(..

Jakob

evil *******
flow: get a life and quite pretending to know everything, I've know smiff for a long time now, I know that emutalk is full of people who think they know everything and that very few here actually understand why ultrahle is a dead. You can whine all you want and claim that the evil smiff is here to ruin everything or you can realize that while he does occasionally go over the line when dealing with specific people, he does know a lot more about n64 emulation than you. And the only thing he's trying to do is help people who have foolishly come here expecting to find knowledgable people, but instead find this ignorant little wonder land.

aprentice

this thread is only good for a laugh :D
crhylove, good luck on ur attempt, but your obviously on your own there. Also, stop flamming people! Now i see why uhle was ended so fast, besides nintendo being one reason.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
/me unfes passive and ap :p..

what are you saying passive.. that this board sux? :(.. that's so mean..

ap.. but but.. aren't you in on.. on.. you know.. ehm.. ehm.. ok nm :p..

OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
if i were a mod i would've deleted all of you trolls. except for rattrap and the gentleman.

i SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR NO TROLLS/FLAMES.

so there goes any respect i had for certain parties.

get out of this thread. PERIOD.

rattrap, agreed, but i don't think waiting is a necessary element for emu dev. I think that is kind of a silly hands off idea... :D so i'm already working on web design etc.... but still i'd rather have someone else do design work as there are plenty of good people around here for that, eddy, sukh... etc.. where are j00?

and i can code enough to add the patches that dave and others have posted, if i have to, but again, i think this would be better done by someone else.

i'd just like to mod the forum specific to ohle, and maybe do some stuff like that.

rhy

i repeat trolls, GET OUT!!!!

/edit, and trotterwatch, that was almost a good post, but don't limit what uhle can/can't do. we don't need any negative energy in the ENTIRE scene, including the original emulator, and/or it's derivitives, thanks.

Last edited:

Jakob

evil *******
rattrap: the board is quite nice, martin64's done a great job, it's the people who suck, not all, but most, heh

RatTrap

GODLIKE
so.. your saying.. this board 'kinda' sux? :p..

coz i mean.. you need to watch your tounge when it comes to the things you say about this board.. you might have to go thru one of the famous acts.. since you ARE in #emulation64 regularly.. and are saying bad things about a board of Martins.. like "the ppl who visit" etc etc.. wich falls right under the Anti-Martinizm in :

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6546 ;)..

Last edited:
OP
crhylove

crhylove

Banned
passive....

quit flaming/trolling.

i'm not an admin, so all i can do is continue with my requests.

thanks!

rhy

Jakob

evil *******
Yes, but rattrap... here's a quote from the rules "True statements, which may also be interpreted as an anti-martin statement, such as “Martin is a #bearcave man”, are not subject to punishment.", but it's not an anti-martin statement, it's an anti the idiots who frequetn his forums statement, heh, it is something that happens with board popularity, the general population gets to a certain ignorance level and retard saturation that it can nolonger function in a helpful manner overall

Smiff

Emutalk Member
lmfao @ above. What happens after retard saturation? some people break off, start a new forum and cycle repeats? Or does the Queen kill half her children?

Last edited:

Jakob

evil *******
Smiff.. retard saturation causes a chain reaction where the board goes continually downhill, that is unless a group of people who actually know what they are talking about lay a beatdown on the retards, but that takes a lot of effort and you know what happened with the ztnet uhle board, if it hadn't been removed, retard saturation was about to occur anyways, I think it is a big cycle myself, but my theory is only a work in progress since I spend maybe 1 minute a year working on it;)

Status
Not open for further replies.