What's new

question about morrowind and neverwinter nights

garboy

Some One
Hi, i was wondering if ill be able to play morrowind and neverwinter nights good on my computer...my specs are:

AMD AthlonXP 1.47ghz (1.1ghz right now)
512MB SDRAM
GeForce2 Ti 64mb
Windows XP Pro
80gb Hdd

Trotterwatch

Yep, they will both work fine. Of course you will have to do without the Pixel Shading effects but, performance should be good.

Trotterwatch

If you used a GF2 they would look good.

If you used a GF3 Ti200 they would look very good :) And yes, the Pixel Shading works perfectly fine with a GF3.

OP
G

garboy

Some One
hmm...dunno how ill ever get enough money tho lol...with my GF2 Ti 64mb will it still be the best lookin pc game out?

Trotterwatch

Yeah, it'll look excellent.

Morrowind for example only uses Pixel Shaders for the water, so without them the water won't look as great - but you can live without it, believe me.

OP
G

garboy

Some One
yea lol...i dont really need a new gfx card right now if i can play pretty much all games full speed-full gfx settings right? And if not full gfx settings on some games i can still run full speed period...

OP
G

garboy

Some One
sorry that im harpin on this so much but there wont me so much of a gfx difference between a GF2 and GF3 on this game that will make me wanna buy a GF3 right?

Trotterwatch

There won't be a major graphics difference, not enough to make you spend money on a new graphics card anyways.

Can you buy the games from a store that offers a decent returns policy? Here in the UK, there are many stores that will allow you to return a game for whatever reason, as long as you do so within 10 days of purchase.

OP
G

garboy

Some One
On NeverWinter Nights for my GF2...will theres be all those cool special effects i see in screenshots like cool lookin spells and stuff?

Trotterwatch

I own Morrowind, but don't own Neverwinter nights.

On Morrowind you will see everything bar the special water effects. On Neverwinter nights - you should see most things, but you'll be better waiting for someone elses opinion on that.

I was suggesting you purchase the games, see what you think of them, if you like them (and the graphics) keep them, if you don't then return them, no harm done.

OP
G

garboy

Some One
i saw some movies and read a review of it...looks and sounds awesome....so is morrowind awesome? And does it comes with the editor that lets you edit any part of the game?

Trotterwatch

Yes it comes with the editor, and it is pretty awesome for a while, then it becomes a little boring. Still you can create pretty much anything using the editor, which is really easy to use.