What's new

OAP Forum?

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

It came to my notice in the "ultrahle" thread , that somebody mentioned "age distribution".

I hope this doesn't mean seperate forums for different age groups to post in, else I'm gonna be posting inane crap to myself all day in the "over 30's" room.

Please feel free to come and visit me in the "Retirement forum", remember to bring some Werthers originals and forgive me for the smell of stale piss, and cats.

If you're lucky I might even tell some of my old "Sinclair ZX80" stories.

"MODERATOR MARTIN, MY COLOSTEMY BAG NEEDS CHANGING ! "

Martin

Administrator
A good rabbit is a dead one. Seriously though, there's no way I'll replace that bag...

RatTrap

GODLIKE
oooo.. a fellow sinclair owner :D.. wow.. and here i thought i was the only "mature"-old kid around here :)..

OP
D

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
RatTrap said:
oooo.. a fellow sinclair owner :D.. wow.. and here i thought i was the only "mature"-old kid around here :)..

Absolutely!

Although I was tempted to the "dark side", and my dad bought me Commodore 64. The lure of new games for 30p each at the local grocers was too much for me to pass up (particularly when I saw lunar lander and Uridium on my mates C64).

I don't know if you were the same, but I could tell if a a game was loading correctly from the tape recorder just by the type of "beeps" and "boops" and the colours coming up on the screen, or maybe that's my autistic side shining through :p

Tape recorder had to be set at a kind of "critical" volume for the game to load too !

Happy days :):)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
lol.. yeah i remember that.. funny how you felt like you had some weird connection with the computer and you could allways tell when the thing was gonna crash.. try predicting w98 blue screens now :p.. it just don't feel the same anymore.. i used to feel the connection to my old zx80.. later with the c64 though.. oh man.. that was so long ago.. i used to play elevator action for hours lol.. man did that game suck when i tried it again a year ago though :(.. but when i think back.. and how much i would enjoy it.. i get all warm and fuzzy inside :D.. hehe..

happy days indeed :)