What's new

Emulation and why we love it

Kitty-Nakaji

Emulation is here for those that wish to preserve the past. When games were realy hard, when points realy mattered. Brings back memories dosn't it? Keep the tradition alive with emulation. Dosn't matter what system it was on as long as it was good. I could go on but this is how forums are started. So lets go!

OP
K

Kitty-Nakaji

You could say that. I stand for the Emulations true meaning. It’s not here for free games. Plus the challenge of emulation is always present. It fun to work on the field of gaming knowing you can preserve the good games of the past. That means more to me then most anything. I love games and I know everyone here in this thread is here for the better interest of gaming. There is so much to do and so little time to do it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I do agree on what you said. Yes, I remember those old times.
And btw, you posted this at the wrong forum. It should've been posted in talk of town.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
i dun think i like emulation.. it's evil :(.. it killed someone.. not sure who but it must have killed someone..

OP
K

Kitty-Nakaji

I sat down and played the old Metroid 3 for the Super Nintendo. What a fine game that was. 1993-4. It's just another fine example of Nintendo's excelent work..

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Kitty-Nakaji said:
I sat down and played the old Metroid 3 for the Super Nintendo. What a fine game that was. 1993-4. It's just another fine example of Nintendo's excelent work..
That brings back old memories...
I still play it sometimes, racing with time.
I've cleared that game on about 2 hours. But it is a great game!

OP
K

Kitty-Nakaji

Yup. One of the finest. Can't wait to see the new Metroid. I'm really not big on the first person thing. However. It's Metroid. I'll deal with it. LOL!!

OP
K

Kitty-Nakaji

Well. Taking Metroid to 3D is a big step for nintendo. Now they have an even more comprexx job of making the maps and passageways for Samus to venture threw. It's going to be exciting!!! Unfortunitly She can only be seen in 3rd person when she is in her ball form. I'll live with it though.

OP
K

Kitty-Nakaji

I think it's cool that Nintendo still knows how to remarket old games. It's excelent for the people who are too young or ignorant of the good old games. Boy Nintendo had alot of them. I also feel that Nintendo should get into the dual system cable linkup option. Split screen is nice. but if you could pool of the resources to another system. Why not. Multi monitor, multi player games do very well for the PC and home gaming systems. I think that this would be a good move. (everyone hates the cheater who looks at their screen. Now it wouldn't be an issue would it ^_^

Smiff

Emutalk Member
heh, Nintendo is (they say) about getting people together around a screen.. don't think it would fit their marketing etc.

too bad nintendo has plans for internet access on the game cube, IE the reason there are ports on the bottom of the console *picks up trusty game cube [such a nice system 'cept the ati gfx but i'll live]* now there is a hi speed port (IE broadband), serial port 1(IE dial up modem), and serial port 2 (IE... can't really guess cause its too small... so maybe external hdd or something)
but yeah also there have been rumours and hints from nintendo of the online aspect of play using your gcn console