What's new

why are people so keen to see ultra die?

VoodooX

VDX ini Creator
why are people so keen to see ultra die?

Its still the only emulator that plays full speed With sound on low end systems. i know the other emulators are more technalogicly (bad spelling i know!) advanced but ultra still kicks ass in the emu stakes and after all this time thats no mean feat!

When trying to emulate a rom i always check if ultra runs it then if not resort to 1964 the fastest of the zilmar compat. collection!

EMULATION SHOULD NOT JUST BE THE RESERVE OF THE RICH!!!

Last edited:

tooie

I think it would be interesting to see a version that is made to be plugin based .. which might help some of the other low end systems make use of uhle audio and gfx with using one of the other emus cores, or maybe using a gfx plugin on it that does not need glide .... beyond that I do not see much being done unless we get someone who wants to dedicate a lot of time to it

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I'd like to see it live on, but only with the original authors consent.

Just because it's old, does not mean that the programmers lose thier rights to it.

Curious, Has or is anyone trying contact RM or Epsilon about it's use? I saw peeps talking, but no one confirm anything.

tooie

Continueing it does not mean they have lost there rights to there code .. It is there own no question .. I think if some one wanted to rip it off for commercial reasons then that is wrong .. but emulation is not about legality in general, as you can not use the orignal media at least with n64 emulation. So as long as no one continues it with out respect and making it clear it is based on the original code what is wrong with that ? If some one continues it and claims it is there own .. then that is wrong

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
and it starts ALL OVER AGAIN.
bottom line. once people start seeing what can be done then people will stop hating. not only can the source for ultra potentailly help other emu's but the sources from other emu's can potentaily help ultra. just tighten some things up here and there, tweek this, mod that and spiff spam boom you got yourself a super Emulator. not exactly spiff spam boom but with the minds we have out there lots is possiable

OP
VoodooX

VoodooX

VDX ini Creator
I definetly agree about adding plugin suport but i worry that that would kill the speed maybe just adding gfx plugin suport would be nice as the sound is already ok,and fixing some probs so that the ini file doesnt have to be 2 meg would be cool! the reason ultra is so fast is that the core is so tightly interwoven with the soung and gfx but would adding gfx plugin slow it down that much? i think not!

most people are running about 1/2 ghz or higher so that should be made the standard requirement for full sound and gfx in my opinion

People are asking for unreasonable things like Rewriting the core and adding plugin support but if we do all of that what have we got?

Thats right a very buggy pj64!

I think its import to get out a version atm that does simple things like fixing no_space bug or add zipp support b4 we all get too excited and demand stuff like that! REmember atm ultra doesnt even support Ucodes other than 0 and 1! (Zelda is a workaround/hack to the best of my knowlegde)

Lets not turn this into a debate about the legallities or we will just go around in circles!

Just one more thing, the guy behide supra already has permision from the original author to use the source, as far as they are concerned they dont care!

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
LazerTag said:

Just because it's old, does not mean that the programmers lose thier rights to it.

Curious, Has or is anyone trying contact RM or Epsilon about it's use? I saw peeps talking, but no one confirm anything.

I've tried to contact RM via email (2 weeks ago) but I haven't gotten a a responce. If I don't get one soon I'm just going to do what I wanted to do when I first saw the source :bunny:

aprentice

Malcolm said:
LazerTag said:

I've tried to contact RM via email (2 weeks ago) but I haven't gotten a a responce. If I don't get one soon I'm just going to do what I wanted to do when I first saw the source :bunny:

and what is that, recompile it and call it your own? :)

aprentice

LazerTag said:

How does contacting the original authors continue the emu? I think people need to work on the source to make that possible :p

flow``

flow``
hehe ren made a little mod to the uhle source. :p IT CONTAINS A VIRII!!! :p

contacting uhle's authors will only be a moral issue to the person wanting to continue development as to if the author "approves" of it.

regardless of whether they you hear from them or not it's your decision to do as you wish

OP
VoodooX

VoodooX

VDX ini Creator
flow how the hell is someone adding a virus to a program funny?

It just piss' people (like me!) Off and doesnt help development at all!

How the hell u became a mod ill never know!

flow``

flow``
rofl quit quoting yourself and agreeing with yourself.. that's stupid

i was only joking with ren for the comments made about smiff's comment on suprahle "possibly" containing a virii.

and i became a mod because i was useful and did contructive work on emulation64.com which led me to be a staff member.. which in turn made u my bitch ;]

mmcoder

Did all you guys notice that 2 weeks of arguing hasn't magically created a single ultrahle improvement? Just thought I'd throw in a reality check.. If you love it, haxor it.. If you don't, shaddup already!