What's new

Rebuild & Rebuild & Rebuild...

Dave2001

AHHHHHHHH!!!

This is the second project I've had this happen to me on... I click build, it builds all my files. I change NOTHING, click build, it builds all my files AGAIN. It'll keep asking me to build all my files over and over and over without anything at all ever changing!

I tried closing the project, deleting the output directories, etc but nothing seems to help it! Has anyone else had this happen?

btw this is MSVC++ 6.0

tooie

check the file dates, I had one problem at the time the files where saved with a date further in time then now .. so it kept thinking they were new and kept wanting to compile them

mesman00

What's that...?
eek, never had this happen to me, can't ya just copy the src files into a new project and then go from there?

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

omg lol, i know what it is, i was fooling with clock stuff earlier to fix the clock problem in glide64 v0.250 but forgot to set it back O_O

StrmnNrmn

Even though you've fixed it now, for future reference I had a similar problem at work the other day and had to delete the project .opt and .ncb files to get MSVC behaving normally again.

Cyberman

I've always noticed that MS never makes there librarys easier to use instead they add more useless documentation on how to use there overly complicated libraries. It gets frustrating fast having to do repetitive tasks instead of making useful code.

Cyb