What's new

Jnes is very slow on my computer need help

tyler_story

For some reason JNES is now slow on my computer and I was woundering if anyone knew why. And to the creator of JNES could you put mapper 232 in the next release and mabey with a frameskip feature

OP
T

tyler_story

I know i use a Windows 98 1st edition but I don't know how to get the other information can you tell me

Jabo

Emulator Developer
The most important thing is the type of CPU you have, usually this is something like "Intel Celeron, Intel Pentium", etc, Video cards are usually things like "S3 Virge, ATI Radeon, ATI Rage Pro, nVidia GeForce"

There are utilities online you can download to give you this information, most people have this information available to them when they purchase the computer

i would try
http://www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/sandra/

Also I kind of hinted at reading the faq jnes comes with a little, one of the things I wanted to know was exactly how fast it's running for you now, what options you are using, if turning sound off helps, etc....

Jabo

Emulator Developer
From what that says you have a

Diamond Stealth III S540
Athlon(tm) Processor Speed : 901MHz

Based on that I don't see a reason why you would have any problems running Jnes (I have a much slower computer at home and work!) Unless the diamong Stealth III card is slowing you down? I am not familiar with those cards ...

What is the Frame Rate that you get ? , it's in the corner of the status bar, should say "FPS: " it should say 60 for full speed (you said it's not full speed, so i assume you know what it is already) I really need to know this :)

OP
T

tyler_story

I found out what was wrong, i had the video settings in the wrong areas boy do i feel stupid :p But do you think that mapper 232 will be in the next release?

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Hehe, I'll gladly take a look into it, I don't recall what games that is for however, or how difficult it was, adding mappers is never my favorite part :)