What's new

ANOTHER AMETUER Q...."J", "U", and "E"....

THE AUTHORITY

.......What in the name of swiss-cheese does this mean - "JAPANESE", "EUROPEAN", "US"...???...just a guess....and why do some roms have different version, like 1.0, 1.2...so on and so forth....

EXCELSIOR

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Games get released differently depending on their location (mainly because of different TV standards but also languages). So yeh, the U, J, E mean US, Japan and Europe. I don't know why some are v1.1 or 1.2 though.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
That's the versions.
The games are fixed even after release. If you look at Zelda OoT, it's got v1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. There are some small fixes in these three versions. The newer the version is, the newer the game is. So the newer verions might not work as well as the old versions on pj, but I think that, for the most case, there shouldn't be any problems. The only problems that I know of, is on Zeldq OoT, it has problems running the newer versions (1.1 and 1.2).

flow``

flow``
Doomulation said:
That's the versions.
The games are fixed even after release. If you look at Zelda OoT, it's got v1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. There are some small fixes in these three versions. The newer the version is, the newer the game is. So the newer verions might not work as well as the old versions on pj, but I think that, for the most case, there shouldn't be any problems. The only problems that I know of, is on Zeldq OoT, it has problems running the newer versions (1.1 and 1.2).

uh.. no

flow``

flow``
The newer the version is, the newer the game is. So the newer verions might not work as well as the old versions on pj

why would zelda 1.2, 1.1, and 1.0 all play differently on pj64?
its the same f'n game w/ 1-2 barely noticable fixes/modifications

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
flow`` said:
The newer the version is, the newer the game is. So the newer verions might not work as well as the old versions on pj

why would zelda 1.2, 1.1, and 1.0 all play differently on pj64?
its the same f'n game w/ 1-2 barely noticable fixes/modifications
Ah, that's what you mean.
I was just saying the truth; v1.2 crashes more than v1.0 (of the rom of course). It's a fact. But I don't think that it happens with other roms. But v1.2 sometimes crashes after getting out of Link's house at the start of the game.

That's what I meant.