What's new

GeForce4 TI4200 Question

demon

xbox is shit
I'm thinking of getting a GeForce4 TI4200 graphics card to go in my new system and I was wondering what difference there would be in the 64MB and 128MB on board memory cards? There is quite a price difference and if theres not much performance difference then I will get the 64MB one.

Martin

Administrator
Hmm...not quite sure, but what I am sure of is that the TI-4200 would be the best gfx card right now when it comes to performance for what you pay for.

If you ask me, 128 MB is overkill as of today.

Josep

eyerun4phun
So far i have heard that the 64mbit version of the ti4200 is faster than the 128mbit version. BUT there have been a few recent cards released from certain companies that might have broken that barrier, BUT as far as i know, the 64mbit version of the ti4200 is faster than that 128mbit version, STRICTLY for the ti4200!!!:)

Siggie

Lot of 64MB versions come with 3.6ns memory instead of the 4ns shipped with the 128 version. There are some 128MB versions with faster memory though. But all in all the step from 64 to 128 doesn't change much though in speed. 3.6 ns memory comes in handy when you're thinking about overclocking your gfx card. Got myself a nice Creative Ti4200 (64MB). Comes with Philips tv out chip. Supports 1024x786 output :D

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
If you only plan to run todays games, get the 64 megabyte one, as it DOES have faster memory, however if you want to run UT2003 or doom 3, you should get the 128mb one, because those games will need about 80 or so megs of texture memory at the least, and only 64 megs of faster memory wont do it justice.

Josep

eyerun4phun
AlphaWolf said:
If you only plan to run todays games, get the 64 megabyte one, as it DOES have faster memory, however if you want to run UT2003 or doom 3, you should get the 128mb one, because those games will need about 80 or so megs of texture memory at the least, and only 64 megs of faster memory wont do it justice.

agreed, 128 is indeed overkill as of today, but in a few months you'll be begging for that extra ram of memory;) unless of course you turn the detail down a shitload;)

M

mann

Siggie said:
Lot of 64MB versions come with 3.6ns memory instead of the 4ns shipped with the 128 version. There are some 128MB versions with faster memory though. But all in all the step from 64 to 128 doesn't change much though in speed. 3.6 ns memory comes in handy when you're thinking about overclocking your gfx card. Got myself a nice Creative Ti4200 (64MB). Comes with Philips tv out chip. Supports 1024x786 output :D

so! my gay gf4 mx420 does too :)

Josep

eyerun4phun
mann said:
Siggie said:

so! my gay gf4 mx420 does too :)

if its so gay then why did you buy gf4 mx?;)

M

mann

i bought it because i couldnt wait no more i needed a new video card the freakin 810 integrated peice of shit wasnt cutting it for me. I had 100 bucks in my pocket so i bought it :)

Stezo2k

S-2K
heard u can get the Ti version for around that price now :) but i duno whether to get it cuz the new radeon sounds promisin

Stez