What's new

ultrahle source modifications

tb^same

Hi!

I made some modifications to the sourcecode and added OpenGL support. Now I heard about legal issues, some people who already ported something somewhere etc.. Does anyone know more about this?

If this is a problem, a solution would be releasing the opengl x lib with the code so people can compile it on their own.

Thanks...

FireBone

Emulation's Freak!
Do you can send me your modification? but please the complie because i can't do it... my icq: 143004143 my email: [email protected]
-------------------------------
One qustion for all people is iz so easy to modify ultrahle?
Does that mean that ultrahle can be the best emulator?
because its easy to make it better.....?

Last edited:
OP
T

tb^same

Currently not possible as I don't have internet connection at home and don't have an executable or compiler here at work (and, as said: legal issues?). I'll try to clean up the x lib source and send it tomorrow.

I have included some screenshots. There are still some z-stressing and blending bugs (I have to say that I actually started coding yesterday :D ).

I just want to get the ball rolling.

aprentice

wow, one day is amazing, i will also go along with dominator on this one, write an opengl in 24 hours book :happy:

TheMc

UltraHLE OpenGL version

Hi !

I want just ask you one question, I don't want to bore you but when do you want to release your version, just to test it & to find bugs ?

Thx for your answer !!!

TheMc

PS: If you can send it to me, my email is: [email protected]

Thx

Last edited:
OP
T

tb^same

I'll think about it. I would love to see all of those people contributing in one (open source?) project. I don't know if this will be possible. I'll make that clear and let you know. It sucks to have 1000 versions and none of it doing all the great stuff together. It also sucks to have no version at all. I know that. It was the reason I started this.

TheMc

Ok I understand, no pb, when you are ready to release say it !!!
I hope some people join your project and add to your idea !!

TheMc

PS:Sorry for my bad english I'm french...

mmcoder

If you could post a diff file that would be awesome :D

About open source making a mess of versions everywhere.. It's annoying but it doesn't happen as often as people make it sound like it does. I'm annoyed by nester for example, with a newer probably better version that supports fewer games than the older hacked up version. But I think the benefits outweigh the problems, certainly from the end user perspective (they just use whatever works.) The majority of open source projects arent out of control

flow``

flow``
heh guys, dont ask for beta's..

if he wants a few people to test some things out i'm sure he'll ask for them.

i'm sure there are more then enough things for tb^same to fix/add/modify before he even thinks about a release. let's not bug him asking for beta's.

M

mann

damn, 1 day huh? you should take up that offer and you should write a teach your self open gl in 24 hours i sure as hell would buy it