What's new

Do anyone knows how to adapt the 64 joystick to pc?

Ratore

The Crazy Internaut
Does anyone know how to adapt the 64 joystick to pc? i've alredy heard this is possible could anyone tell me how or tell me a site that tells?
my e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks...
:)

OP
Ratore

Ratore

The Crazy Internaut
Thanks 2bzy4ne1,
but do you know of something else?
kind of modify the joystick itself?
Thanks again....
:):pj64::biggrin:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Other than the adaptoid, I think no. (emphasis on think) Someone else might know what you want. Sorry if I can't help you any further...

Allnatural

Why slice up a perfectly good controller? The Adaptoid's a good buy. Or, you could go the Boom route and get one of their PSX/N64 adapters, which are cheaper and get the job done, though without rumble or mempack support.

OP
Ratore

Ratore

The Crazy Internaut
I Think i Already got what i want... If anybody wants i publish here a website with the material...
Thanks to the ones that responded this thread...
:D :pj64: :biggrin:

skull1

im9i7
anyone here knows how to do the hard wire on usb? i bought an USB cable for like two dollars from a surplus shop and i think i can make an adaptoid for it. i also think i can use the drivers from wishtech on it.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
skull1 said:
anyone here knows how to do the hard wire on usb? i bought an USB cable for like two dollars from a surplus shop and i think i can make an adaptoid for it. i also think i can use the drivers from wishtech on it.

LOL! :D

Sorry about that, but you may need to know about suface mount soldering, How to handle and Solder the surface mount components it on to the tiny PCB, Need to know the wiring of the USB, Find the Surface mont components which is not very hard... but you just can't make an adaptiod with a USB cable and a N64 Controller port...There is an IC in the Adaptiod, it may be eeprom so you might need to configure it... I can say for sure it is eeprom but i need to find out next time i take it apart...

skull1

im9i7
aw crap. i thought they were only wires. can you give the spec of the eeprom? and can you take a picture of the internal parts of the adaptoid?
is this legal? would wishtech kick my as for this if i had it working then publish how it's done?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
skull1 said:
aw crap. i thought they were only wires. can you give the spec of the eeprom?

Again, I am not sure if it is EEprom, I have to look up the NTE number on it...

skull1 said:
can you take a picture of the internal parts of the adaptoid?

I need to ask My Firend to take the pics, i will ask him..

skull1 said:
would wishtech kick my as for this if i had it working then publish how it's done?

Well, i dont know... If it is just for you i guess but they would get screwed out of $$$... I cant speak for them so its up to you. Just dont go sell imitations or something

Again, Surface Mount Components are fucking hard to solder, plus, you cant use a standard soldering iron because it is too big, Surface mount components dont like being heated up twice plus, they have to be a low tempreature... The Iron itself costs $150...

Last edited:

GamerGuy2k3

Good Lord u all make things so darn complicated
PS1/2 + N64 USB Converter Box from BOOM Just use that link and drop some Cash and Get That lil Device All it does is allow u to connect a standard Console Controller to a Computer via USB the Rumble and Dual Shock Functions are the Controllers itself N64 Controllers require a RUMBLE PAK to rumble and u need a Dual Shock controller for Dual Shock This is imo the best solution for N64 Controllers on a PC I use it and it works fine

OP
Ratore

Ratore

The Crazy Internaut
GamerGuy2k3 said:
Good Lord u all make things so darn complicated
PS1/2 + N64 USB Converter Box from BOOM Just use that link and drop some Cash and Get That lil Device All it does is allow u to connect a standard Console Controller to a Computer via USB the Rumble and Dual Shock Functions are the Controllers itself N64 Controllers require a RUMBLE PAK to rumble and u need a Dual Shock controller for Dual Shock This is imo the best solution for N64 Controllers on a PC I use it and it works fine
But in my case, buy any of this acessories would be very bad, cause i live in Brazil, and exists taxes for importation, what makes the product be very more expensive!
So, in my case i need other alternatives!
Like the one i gave, it's very more cheap!