What's new

anyone using Notes box in ROM Settings?

Do you use the Notes box in ROM Settings? (User Notes field in ROM Browser)

• Yes, I really need it

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yes, but it can go anyway

• No, but it's a good idea

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No, get rid of it

• Total voters

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
IMO, that isn't really needed if you already provide notes for the games. so i voted no and get rid of it.

Merick

I think you should keep it, at least for games that require a special series of actions to get it to work, like Gauntlet Legends.

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
I voted "Yes" to keeping it.

I have this thing about the emulators, that I absolutely refuse on pain of death to change from the default settings (except CF, and plugins). If a rom has to have a "special action" to get it to run, I don't wanna play it. And the notes give you that info. without having to look elsewhere.

If it don't work "out of the box" I don't wanna know.

Strange I know, but then again so was my mother.

:bunny:

Fuck another living rabbit. I must remember to bring my flame thrower to the forums.

(Shit! that point of view has probably persuaded Smiff to get rid of it, sorry guys)

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
NOT the Core and Plugin notes supplied by the RDB... they are staying.. i'm asking about the User Notes field that's cluttering up the ROM Settings tab and I suspect hardly anyone uses...? Twas my idea to give people somewhere to make their own notes, but like most of my ideas it wasn't fully thought through :sleepy:

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Oh! That thing,

Yeah, scrap it.

What would be a much more interesting thing to do though , would be to let us make vote in polls concrning important decisions in your life.

e.g...Should I tell my boss to shove his job up his arse ?

or

Should I get rid of my current girlfriend and try for something better ?

Depending on the outcome of the poll, those who chose well for you get to vote in the next poll. Until there is only one winner (maybe you could supply a small prize or smething).

O.K I concede that you might well end up having to live in the doorway of the local McDonalds with only a butt ugly girlfriend for company, and the gutter for a toilet,but you would always have the satisfaction of going to your grave (probably early) , knowing you amused me for a couple of months.

And in the end isn't that ALL that really matters.

;)

(Oh yeah, I voted NO)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
lol... someone living their life entirely through message board polls... thats a pretty funny idea.. not long before some american tries it?