What's new

Games that run flawlessly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozer

Which games would run flawlessly on a machine with my hardware? Currently the only ones I've run across are Super Mario 64, Aerogauge and Zelda: Oot, with waverace 64 being an almost(sound is a little choppy). I'm hoping someone with a similar machine would share their experience:)

Razumen

I have a 600mhz Athlon, Geforce 256 DDR and 256 MB Ram. Games that I've been able to run fine so far are: Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, StarFox64, Duke Nukem 64(some visual glitches), Zelda OOT and Zelda MOM. Goldeneye runs bits it's sound is choppy, probably due to my slow pc. Turok also runs but you have to use the Opengl video plugin to actually play the game, and even then it makes the menu text all black and hard to read. Lastly Doom 64 works but it goes really slow, prolly the sound again. Can't wait till Perfect Dark works ;) as well as The World is not Enough!

OP
D

Dozer

re:

Thanx for the info! I'll have to try some of those. Yeah I have problems with Goldeneye, too - sound gives me a headache, and even if I turn it off, the graphics are too choppy. Now an update. Tried Cruisin' USA and it runs nearly acceptable, though the fps are very inconsistent - i get rates from 35 to about 55 fps! I sure hope v1.4 delivers some more speed:hrm:

THE AUTHORITY

SPECS

I've found that most games run fine on my computer - 1.3ghz, 256sdram, nVIDIA GeForce 2 64mb - although ill get the occasional "skip", but I suppose thats what you get with emulation...as far as OpenGL is concerned - i had a problem with that on a PC game, so Im guessing i might run into it here...any tips?

gokuss4

Meh...
zelda has graphic problems for me cause i have a voodoo3, maybe jabo and zilmar should make pj64 compatible with 3dfx also so there wont be any problems

my hardware

amd athlon 900mhz
voodoo3 3000 16mb
vortex au10 (sound is pretty good cause the card has a lot of a3d support)
direct x 8.1

the games run fast on my sys but the prob is my vid card.

CYA;)

Ethereal

Games that are playable without to many problems for me are Zelda: Majoras Mask, Starfox 64, Mario Party 3 though theres a few graphics glitches, harvest moon 64 and super smash bros.

Im running
AMD 900
128mb ram
Asus Geforce 256 64MB DDR
SB Live!Value
Winows XP Pro

RPGlover12

Jfletcher said:
Zelda OOT runs at 40 FPS for me. Hmm... must have something off kilter...
how
i've got
p3 600
tnt2 m64 32 mgs
256 ram
intell 440 bx
and i get most games running 60 fps
tony hawks 1 , mario64, mario party , zelda oot , robotron , fzerox (just some graphic glitches ) , and many more runs full speed so how don't u get the 60 fps per zelda oot and even u have p3 800 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

THE AUTHORITY

All of these ROMS have run fine for me, except for that spot of slow-down on BANJO and 007, but everything else seems to be going gangbusters for me...if I knew how to donate some cash I'd do it for these stalwart young (I assume the young have such irreverance for copyright law) programmers.

EXCEL

Alex

mario works superbly
zelda MOM works fine except for the black floors (see my other post)

Pentium III 900
256 RAM
GeForce2 GO
Windows ME

OP
D

Dozer

Another update...

A small update on Zelda: Oom. Turns out I only get around 45 fps, but I didn't really notice, since I run it fullscreen. It's enough for me, though:)

the master 123

I was able to run game like hydrothunder with a celereon processer(2.6) 256 mb of ram and (this is bad) and intel extreme graphics with a 60 fps with default plugin and settings. It didn't run games like perfect dark and had problem with majasy mask but it work with game like zelda ocrina of time. I use a notebook with the specs in my sig as my sister has that computer(she doesn't game).

Iconoclast

It depends on what you consider a 'flaw'. In case you haven't suspected, there's a reason why plugin and emulator authors don't end up fixing emulation issues even though they are aware of them: It's hard. Sometimes, it's a matter of sacrificing speed for graphics or vice versa.

I haven't tested every dumped Nintendo 64 ROM out there, of course, but I can list a few games that I've noted to run flawlessly or with one or two very inconspicuous graphics glitches or small slowdowns:
  • Banjo-Kazooie (Glide64 on Nemu64 emulator only or w/ No Sound by zilmar)
  • Legend of Zelda, The: Ocarina of Time (Glide64)
  • Legend of Zelda, The: Majora's Mask (Glide64 or maybe Direct64)
  • Super Mario 64 (Glide64 or Direct64)
  • Super Smash Bros. (glN64)
Yada, yada, yada, don't feel like listing them all. Too many that run flawlessly.;) What would be the point? If you just want to run a certain Nintendo 64 ROM in particular, start a thread on it, and hopefully one of the experts will tell you how the game can be best (hint: not always perfectly) emulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.