What's new

Direct PC to N64 Connection - is it Possible?????

AcidTHC

I was just curious, is it possible to route (or) connect a rom database on a computer directly into an N64 for playback of the roms instead of using my game cartriges directly?

I was just thinkin about this a little bit ago and thought I'd put it on the forums, since I don't own my Z64 anymore, I don't have a way to reload my backups.

If there is a website out there, let me know, or if there is a way to do it - again - let me know, I've been playin around with my N64 and I think that I'd rather have a little more knowledge before I ransack my unit .

Thx

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
First, you will need Gameshark Pro 3.0+, the Gameshark software which ya can get @ www.gameshark.com or free from me, and a Parellel cord that can connect to the port on your PC and Gameshark.

Connect the cable to ya Gameshark and PC, start up your N64, and then the software... NOW PLEASE NOTE: THIS ONLY COULD WORK, I have never tested this:

Now select the ROM in the Mem Card Manager, and try to copy it to your PC. I very sure it will work since this is how people put up their saved games for N64. Tell me if it works, plz, if ya have everthing that is.

OP
AcidTHC

AcidTHC

I'll try it. however, i've never heard of anyone doing it that way (although i'm sure that's 1 way), as far as i know, like i had, it's always been with a backup unit like a z64, v64, dr.64, but i`ll try it

Eagle

aka Alshain
Nope never tried that, although, I have hooked a PSX up to my video in on my video capture card and played the games through my PC like that. I've also hooked my video out on my Geforce 3 to a TV and played through my computer on my TV.

mesman00

What's that...?
swet, i plan on havin my gf4 ti 4200 hooked up to my T.V. next year at college to eliminate the need of bringing up my old nes and all of the hundreds of games i have for it! also, ill use the computers dvd player instead of buying one, thatll save me 150 bux or so.