What's new

N64 Emulator Names....

truffles

A Pixelating Eskimo
hehe i've just recently found this out...

i wonder why... some of the emulator names have in common...
what is it?

well... i'm currently studying greek mythology in humanities right now...

boring ..... :hrm:

well... and lets see theres emulators called.... daedalus... apollo..

well its only 2... but im bored so i like to talk about this and point this out... maybe it has already... but im sorry if that is...

those are both ancient greek gods.....

and i would like to ask why would you name em after it?

i hope this is interesting... to me i guess its somewhat interesting..

well thanks for your time...

nice board.. glad to hear its back! :)

and please feel free to reply back... if u have any ideas to share...

doh the sky is getting dark... i have to turn on the lights now...! :)

zorbid

Deadalus was not a god. He was the architect who designed the Cnossos Labyrhinth in which the Minotaurus was jailed.
Deadalus son is pretty known too: its Icarus. The man who glued feather on his arms in order to fly. The problem is ... that the glue was in fact wax. Icarus was too proud to fly and tried to reach the sun. As the heat was increasing, the wax melted :eek:hoh:. Icarus fell and died.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Who cares what they are called as long as they're good which they obviously are :)

Tesla-Guy

truffles said:

I'M GREEK, you know :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
What's bad about greek mythology. Americans like you will never understand what does Mythology or History mean, since you don't have your own. I'm not a racist nor hate americans, but i just ought to tell this.:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :angry: :angry: :angry: ALSO, if you don't like the emulators' names, don't download them.

Last edited:

Eugf

Firstly Tesla not all Americans lack culture.
I also think that Apollo was named after the Space Shuttle Apollo not the god.

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
Don't make such a problem anout the names I don't care if they call it : - - - or whatever you can think of this is just a choice of the author of the emulator but quite frankly what's in a name ?

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
That I didn't mean posting things is good as long as you post anything usefull.

StonedConker

yeahhh :)

greetingzzzzzz from planet greece!
i wonder if you can speak greek also...i doubt hehe.
ÁÍ ÌÏÕ ÁÐÁÍÔÇÓÅÉÓ ÐÏÕ ÓÅ ÅÉÐÁ "ÌÁËÁÊÁ" ÓÉÃÏÕÑÁ ÌÐÏÑÅÉÓ ×Å×Å×Å..¨:)

StonedConker

Eugf said:
Firstly Tesla not all Americans lack culture.
I also think that Apollo was named after the Space Shuttle Apollo not the god.

yeah but you should know that the planet was told apollo by the Greek ancient God ;) so name "apollo" anywhere it goes it comes from there.

But who cares about emu names.Emulation is amazing!

gokuss4

Meh...
hey tesla-guy im fascinated with Greek Mythology I watch Hercules and Xena :D but thats not the reason why although i love the show although its off-air :( oh well, but apollo is the greek god of hmmmm i forgot either he was god of light or hunting hmm ??? but what about 1964 lol maybe it was named after the best time of american history lol i dont know :) Project 64 was a well you know Project 64 is specific enough :) Corn lol what the hell (no offense to corn lovers) Daedalus i agree with Zorbid, Nemu64 means Nintendo Emulation 64 UltraHLE means Ultra High Level Emulation a SupraHLE means Super/Supra High Level Emulation. Those are my opinions and hell i just thought about it while i was doing this post so im a quick thinker :) ;)