What's new

Jnes not working

kaine23

I downloaded the newest version of Jnes and the sound is coming up but no picture at all under any resolution. The previous version of Jne sworke dfine on my machine. I have a P2 233 mhz, 64 meg RAM.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Alright, I updated the version information sticky topic, alot of people are having problems with 16-bpp, I assume you are one of them, so can you please give some information? (video card, operating system etc...) I'm kind of suprised no one is getting any errors displayed to the screen ...

OP
K

kaine23

Using Win 98 2nd edition, P2 233 mhx, 64 meg ram, voodoo2 card, I forget reg video card.

Anyhow, it would work befor einthe small window at 50-60FPS, larger windowed screens the FR would drop dramatically. Discovered playingit full-screen at (gah now I forget, the 2nd resolution offered in prev version) it worked great.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
OK i think beta 2 will work better, unfortunately lots of things are dependent on your primary video card, which voodoo2 isn't, thanks for getting back to me

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Nah, that's all I need. I'll update the issues thread, i found out last night after looking there is an issue with 15bpp, i fixed it for beta 2 ... some video cards dont use true 16bpp, which i knew, and worked in previous Jnes, i just accidently broke a small part of it for beta 1

OP
K

kaine23

Thanks! Will beta 2 work properly on slower machines also? Seeing that's what I have and all. I had tried a few different NES emulators and found JNes to be the one to work the best considering my slow machine. I really do not want to switch back to NESticle or give up for good till I upgrade (whenever that'll be).

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Well I made a mistake in 15-bit color modes, which is fixed in beta 2, that caused the problem you seem to be having. Emulation is executing fine still in beta 1, just a problem converting the graphics so you can't see it... Therefore, if beta 1 runs full speed .. beta 2 will .. hope that helps, let me know how beta 1 performs, I checked an old P166 a few months ago, and it seemed to still work on it