What's new

N64 Control for use with other systems

atari5200

Hi,

This will be a bizarre off the wall question, so I apologize in advance. I would like to somehow convert my N64 controllers into something that is compatible with an old Atari 5200 that I inherited from my grandparents. I dismantled both my broken 5200 sticks and one of my N64 controllers. I was dismayed at the difference between the two. Obviously I should have expected that the technology had changed in the past 20 years.

Does anyone think that such a conversion would be possible... however remote?

The 5200 controller has a 15 prong plug, where the 64 controller has a 3 prong plug... From my deconstruction, the N64 plug uses the 2 outer prongs to provide power to the controller, and I'm guessing that the center prong is used for data transfer. If I am wrong, please tell me. I'm guessing that I'd need some sort of computer processor to manage the information being passed between the controller and the 5200.

I realize that this is probably a quest of futility, and there are emulators out there for 5200's... but I would like to try this anyway.

Any information or ideas anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. You can post them here or send them to me at:
[email protected]

Thanks,

Aaron

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
You would most definately need to build some processor box to go between the 5200 and the N64 controller.

But, with an emulator, you could just use an Adaptoid. :)