What's new

Anyone else noticed this?

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Well in a lot of the roms... when u go under the water some times you can't see the water. Is this a bug of the roim or the plugin or the emulator?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
not sure exactly, i think it could be the n64 itself. try using the 'reference rasterizer' or/and the frame buffer emulation, and maybe it'll work how it should. other than that, not too sure.

zorbid

I don't remember seeing this kind of bug on the real hardware.
Try to use another plugin, it may solve the problem.

OP
R

ra5555

N64 Newbie
well the plugins I used are Jabo's D3D7 1.4 and Jabo's Sound 1.4. I didn't enable any of the special settings except for the antialasing one.

Reznor007

Well, in Mario64 when you are underwater, the water is not displayed on the real hardware. I'm thinking it's intentionally removed in Zelda too.

zorbid

No, it isn't intentionnal. I have not been able to go where the ss above had been taken (inside Zelda'castle I suppose) because my saves are further in the game, and I don't want to erase one.

But everywhere I've tested that, you can see the water when the camera is under.

Reznor007

Well, when you are under water, everything gets a blue tint, however, since only the camera is under, the game doesn't think you are in water.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
.gif almost gives you a cell-shader :D ;)

If someone can provive pics and states this will be investigated, otherwise it might take some time to get around to.

zorbid

This shot was taken inside the Deku tree. Even when Link isn't in the water, you can see the water surface when the cam is under. (btw, the web does not look good).

I went inside Zelda's castle, and I have the problem shown above. It seems to be the only place where this occurs though. :)blush: but I forgot to make a save state) So it may be a bug in the game, not in the emu.

Brian2

He's referring to the limit on the number of colors you can have in a .gif, which makes it look almost like a cartoon.

I noticed in mario64 (on real hardware) that the water disappears when the camera is in the water; however on zelda I believe that it should show.

-Brian

OP
R

ra5555

N64 Newbie
HI....do you guys want a gane save? I will obtain and post for you guys

Smiff said:
.gif almost gives you a cell-shader :D ;)

and by the way sniff? what do you mean cell-shader? Correct me if I am wrong is it like some new catoon filter?

Peace ;)

Last edited:
OP
R

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Opps sorry smiff, couldn't help it :D

I tried to upload the save state but its too big to be uploaded here... maybe I will uploaded to geocities or something