What's new

XP SP1 fix list..

Eagle

aka Alshain
Johnny_Rico said:
XP is too bugy! :plain:

Every day I get a blue screen! I wonder if the SP1 is goning to fix it?

Must be your computer. XP is the most stable OS I've ever used, except Mac. (I've never used Linux, but I have used all other versions of Windows since 3.1)

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
Eagle said:
Must be your computer. XP is the most stable OS I've ever used, except Mac. (I've never used Linux, but I have used all other versions of Windows since 3.1)

It's not my computer, it's XP on my computer.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
XP works very well for me. I haven`t got even one BSOD on XP, nor has it frozen on me...

OP
flow``

flow``

flow``
heh i love xp.. so stable

tr64 once made my xp hang for like 10 mins but it recoverd with no problem.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Try windows 2000 if XP is that bad, its a bit more stable, and a little faster. The only downside to using 2000 is the lack of legacy application compatibility (but we are talking realy old, obsolete programs here). All post 2000 software releases are fully compatible with windows 2000 though.

OP
flow``

flow``

flow``
i plan on going to 2k once sp3 is released

xp just (seems?) too buggy atm to consider a nice polished OS from looking at the list of stupid mistakes MS made.

with 2k having 3 service packs.. i'm more the sure it should be polished by now

WildSOfT

emu-holic
I believe it's the fault of the PC.

I had a PIII600 with a DFI mobo and was getting a BSOD on XP every day and every hour.

When I upgraded to AMD Athlon 1700+ XP and Chaintech mobo the problem is gone, I didn't get a BSOD a single time since then!

Sooo... ;)

mesman00

What's that...?
use win2k, i made the move from 98 to 2k about a month ago, and boy, what a difference, its so stable!

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
Xp has been very stable for me. I only had one Blue screen, and thats because of this program I downloaded, I would load it up and I got a blue screen (which also rebooted my comp automatically).

Stezo2k

S-2K
you sure? i didnt even know windows xp even gives you blue screens. ive been running it for months and ive never had a crash or a blue screen

Eagle

aka Alshain
I get a blue screen sometimes bot not very often. Usually twice a month at the absolute most.

Josep

eyerun4phun
nope, never had a blue screen, although i got some ghetto multimedia card from compusa the other day and it had some ghetto software for the tv tuner and capture software and it flat out froze my comp, no control-alt-delete or mouse movement, but it was the ghetto program, Plus winxp pro would have probably caught it self, i just wasn't ready to wait;)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
The blue screen is different in any NT OS, you get this small font text without the big white title in the middle, and it happens to be a bit more descriptive.