What's new

Daedalus Pulgin 0.08b pre-3 + 1964 0.8c screen shots

ra5555

N64 Newbie
HI there. I am fairly new to the forum and I thought I might make a contribution by submittion some screenshots:) Hope you enjoy them.

OP
R

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Comment: Most of the roms run fast and some of the games looks better than Jabo's Plugin...such as SuperMario and Mario 64. Some of the roms run very slowly, that is Zelda 1 wich only got around 30fps on my computer..Which I think its fairly new. Interestingly Zelda 2 doesn't suffer from the same problem.

Another major problem seems to be that alot of the gfx are missing and lots of games simply won't run.

Peace Out :D

Ra

Last edited:

flow``

flow``
on your specs you should never drop below 60 fps..

not to mention on 1964's core.. i seriously suggest you figure out wtf is wrong :p

update your nvidia drivers, via 4-in-1's, mobo bios, and hopefully one or the other will fix. maybe you could give us some details about your current drivers/hardware and such

OP
R

ra5555

N64 Newbie
well I got all the latest drivers..

For Geforce 3 Ti I got 6.13.10.2960
and I just checked my via 4 in 1 and its the latest now 4.38.

I think its the stability of the plugin... It runs suddently runs fast and slows down... I never had any problems on jabo.

Thanx

ra

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The daedalus plugin runs very slow. It runs like at 30 fps even on my system using a fairly non-requiring game like castlevania.

On both pj & 1964.

StrmnNrmn

I think a large part of the speed decrease came from moving the plugin from DX7 to DX8 - Rice said he noticed a speed decrease when he did the same thing. Other than that, DaedalusGfx does all its own transform and lighting (so it doesn't pass through the hardware TnL), and there's a lot of optimisation to be done with the texture conversion :)

LD.

*poke*
They've been severely compressed and/or color reduced so most of the shading detail is gone ;)