What's new

Pokemon Stadium 2: Blending Mode problem

ASk

Dark Lord Of Sith
Running it with my Geforce 2 GTS card using Detonators XP 29.42 (it was in all the pervious versions as well) requires me to check the "Change Blending Mode if invalid for video card" (That is PJ64 1.5 beta 1 and Jabo's D3D7 1.40 plugin). The problem was in 1.4 though, so it must be GFX card related. But what's strange, my friend has a GTS as well and it works fine for him. The Change blending mode slows down the battles to half-speed.
My question is...it is possible to make it select the correct blending mode (as with the checkbox enabled, the plugin finds the correct blending mode normally). Or at least make it so that the checkbox will be unneeded

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
With a gf2 gts, you shouldn't need to have that enabled. BTW what problem do you have in the game that needs you to have that enabled?

OP
ASk

ASk

Dark Lord Of Sith
i have various blending bugs, such as:

- when the teacher in the Library/Academy asks a question, the text is unseen and so are the answers. With the switch on, it has some bugs (no texture behind it) but it's readable at least.

- Various effects in the battle opening scene and in the battle itself have gfx bugs, this fixes it (but also slows the game to half speed)

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
After playing that game, I noticed that I got the same problem. The best thing to do is to switch to jabo's D3D6 1.20b plugin. I was able to see the text with no problems on that plugin.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
here is one with jabo's 1.4 plugin before enabling change blending mode. BTW, I have a gf2mx.