What's new

TR64 GFX 0.5H + 1964 0.8.3 shots

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Here's some shots from 1964 0.8.3 + TR64 GFX 0.5H:

BTW, I've got a 16MB Matrox Millenium G400 AGP.

Last edited:

zorbid

And it seems to run quick!! Knowing that you run Zelda over 1964 over WineX over Linux...
I assume that you don't use a sound plugin (Linux don't like DX...). what are your specs?

OP
The Khan Artist

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Dual P3-866
ABit VP6 ATX motherboard
512MB PC133 SDRAM
Matrox Millenium G400 16MB AGP 1x video
No sound (my SB 128 PCI died)
2 WD 38400 8GB HDDs in software RAID 0, as 1 ext3 / partition
1 WD 14300 4GB HDD, as 1 500MB ext3 /boot partition, and 1 3.5GB FAT32 /win partition

MandrakeLinux Cooker snapshot 06 June 2002
Kernel 2.4.18smp-mdk
Video drivers that came with it, latest version of Mesa
All the fonts from my Windows box

1964 0.8.3c
IcepIr8's TR64 0.5H gfx plugin
No sound (because of broken soundcard)
Def's DirectInput 6 plugin (can't get the darn DX8 support to work)

It runs at 60/60 most of the time, but in areas with lots of polys it can drop to around 30. I attribute this mainly to the gfx plugin, as its CPU usage shoots up. I wish I could get it to work with SMP, that would be so awesome.

I've read about lots of people having speed issues with WineX, but I am having none whatsoever. I can even run Jedi Outcast as full speed in almost all areas.

zorbid

Because it was not released at the time he took his screenshots. ;)

***Edit : BTW Can WineX take advantage of both processors for a software that was not designed to use them?

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
woah...

the whole linux thing blows my mind.

/me looks at one of his extra boxes.....

time for an upgrade!

rhy

OP
The Khan Artist

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I know, it's pretty cool. That's my work box, and I only work part time (tuesday, wednesday, thursday) so I can't post lots of screenies, but I will next tuesday.

Let's see... I need to get TR64 0.6. Easy enough.

What screenies do ya want? I plan on doing some of Majora's Mask.

Also, where can I find a list of how IcepIr8s uCode #s correspond to the actual uCodes? I can guess a few (like Zelda = F3DEXX 2.XX), but what are the others? It would sure make this easier.

I asked about WineX & SMP, but nobody answered me. Even if it does work, with the Wine architecture, there is no way you could get SMP for a non-SMP program.

zorbid

For the ucodes, I use the Daedalus ini. F3DEXX 2.XX is referred as ucode 5 in Daedalus, the others match the nubers in Tr64OGl.

I don't know if this one is the best (from a ucode database pov), but it's the one I have.

Last edited: