What's new

Possible Majora's Mask Fix? (offset screen)

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I was looking through here, and it seemed there were tons of questions about this one.

I had the problem of everything going off the screen, so then I tried downgrading to PJ64 Version 1.3, and now it seems to work flawlessly (as much as you can get anyway) ^_^.

1.3 doesn't seem to work all that well with some other games, so I'd advise unzipping 1.3 into a new pj64 folder just for the purpose of ZMM unless it's the only game you wish to play (though you will have to set up your controls again if you changed them, plus video settings ect. ect due to new reg settings).

I of course can't guarantee that it will work for everyone, but some people have the same vid card as me, so I figured that it's worth a shot for some of you. :)

It should be noted that I DO have eVoodoo installed so I can play Final Fantasy VII. Though I highly doubt that pj64 even uses it. Good luck.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
what is an "offset screen"? could you please post a pic to demonstrate? you shouldn't need to downgrade. can you try 1.4 with 1.3 plugins? eVoodoo will not interact with Project64 at all.

OP
Modem

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
I didn't delete the 1.4 I was previously using at all, I just installed 1.3 and tried it (after reconfiguring controls and resolution, that's all, so I guess I'm using the default plugins that came with 1.3) Come to think of it, 1.4 had some trouble quick-saving afterwords (my save would sometimes be a hour back or so, but it's a on-going problem of mine, since before 1.4).
This pic is from some thread you locked a few threads down, so it's not mine, but it's the same problem I previously had, and it seems to be a common question here.

OP
Modem

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Here's a screenshot (taken in 320*240 of course, 1024*768 was too big) just for proof.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you are using the PAL rom right?

Good Name=Legend of Zelda 2, The - Majora's Mask (E) (M4) [!]

yes?

OP
Modem

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Well, here's the rom info from pj64. The filename itself is only Zelda2.z64.

Filename: Zelda2
Rom Size 256.0MBit
Cartridge ID ZS
Counrty: Europe
CRC1: 0xE97955c6
CRC2: 0xBC338D38
CIC Chip: CIC-NUS-6105

I'm assuming that the E in your message stands for Europe, so I bet it probably is. I haven't renamed it, this was the way I got it.

Oh, one question: Does this always max out at 50fps? I just get 60fps on every other game I've tried, so sorry if it was posted somewhere, I didn't see it if it was.

OP
Modem

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Hmmm... not sure how to use this thing too well... but this is what the goodn64.exe in the command window did when I copied the rom into the folder and told it to scan:

Several output files are created depending on selected options:

GoodN64.db = database of scanned ROMs
N64Miss = ROMs missing (if in rename/move/list mode)
N64Have = ROMS present (if in rename/move/list mode)
N64Scan = log of 'scan' and 'scannew'
N64Log = log of 'changes' and 'changesnew'
Good_ZIP = log of ZIP errors

Stats: 1871 entries, 816 redumps, 281 hacks/trainers, 448 bad/overdumps

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\goodn64>goodn64.exe scan
GoodN64: (C) 1999,2000,2001 Cowering ([email protected]) V 0.999.7 BETA
*visit NEWNet #rareroms*
Unable to open GoodN64.db

Stats: 1871 entries, 816 redumps, 281 hacks/trainers, 448 bad/overdumps
Scanning .\*.v64.z64.n64.rom.jap.usa.pal
NO Nintendo 64 ROMS found in bin.zip
Unrecognized image size in Zelda2.z64

Dabba_Deh

The Sultan
Yo, modem...The 50FPS thing is because the game is a PAL game (European). NTSC games run at a max of 60 FPS, while the PAL ones max @ 50FPS. And, there is another solution to your problem. The offset screen problem w/ pal roms was a new problem with PJ64 1.4, and had to do with the RDB. There was a thread called RDB WIP or something, in which you could download the latest RDB (Rom Database), and submit bugs for Smiff to attempt to fix. If you can find that, and download the latest RDB, the problem will be solved in PJ64 1.4 as well. (It might have came w/ 1.5 beta 1, I think it did)

Mayco

Dabba_Deh said:
...NTSC games run at a max of 60 FPS, while the PAL ones max @ 50FPS. And, there is another solution to your problem...

It's VI/seconds. The framerate is much lower. But we all know what you mean :cool: