What's new

f-zero environment mapping

Dave2001

Obviously, the cars in F-Zero X cannot possibly be using environment mapping, yet the geometry mode says that they do. Is there any command that can set the geometry mode other than geom_mode?

Here is a screenshot of what F-Zero X as it is now. The lack of detail on the cars is caused by spherical mapping setting the coordinates way beyond the clamping borders of the texture.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

btw, in case anybody's wondering... the screenshots in the other thread were taken from a copy with enviornment mapping disabled, so they show correctly. I still do need the answer to this question though.

gokuss4

Meh...
Dave2001 said:
btw, in case anybody's wondering... the screenshots in the other thread were taken from a copy with enviornment mapping disabled, so they show correctly. I still do need the answer to this question though.

as i said a million times dave, your environmental mapping is not correct, i think your envmap is half way correct though. you still need to get the tri-force, the n logo in zelda, metal mario, the rest is ok, but still not correct imo.

Last edited:
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Argghhhh... what the heck?? This has nothing to do with it being correct or not, this is with it being enabled.