What's new

Geforce 4 mx440

ssjkorn87

I bought a gf4 mx440 (64 ddr ram) last month, framerates of about 7(Moh AA) to (28 RtCw) and no sign of improvment after trying in different computers etc.

Any Ideas what would be making this quite new card so damn slow, answer please as its 100 down the drain otherwise

:plain: :cry: ???

Thx.Mike

oh yeah im on a 962 Mhz Celeron 512 Mb ram

M

mann

i have...

i have a geforce 4 mx 420 and i though it was going to increase frames massively but it didnt its a 64mb sd i think. :(

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
low framrates don't happen because of weak video cards, it happens because of slow cpu.:)

M

mann

well i guess im getting a new badass mobo this christmas proly gonna be at 3ghz by the end of this year

Josep

eyerun4phun
Don't expect too much from those gf4 mx's, Geforce3 ti's beat 'em. And i 've read that game developers say don't buy it for Unreal 2 or Doom3;) but those are just 2 games:) But not to be insulting, the video card does suck, much more worth it to save up some more money and get the ti4200

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Well, their price is about half of the price of a GF3 afaik, and they are better than the best GF2ti, so I wouldn`t say the card sucks. Yes, there`s no support for pixel shaders, but it`s a budget card, and it delivers.
ssjkorn87 : Check if you`re using FSAA. If you do, you must turn it off, it`s a major performance hit.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
I also have a gf4 mx440 and some Nvidia detonator drives.... Direct 3d works bad, if you can play the games in Open GL....

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

hmm

well my cpu is a 900 od mhz and it has performedf as equally as bad in my dads 1.2 ghz...

Check if you`re using FSAA. If you do, you must turn it off, it`s a major performance hit-
??
please explain this josep :) thx every1 for replying:)

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

hmm

well my cpu is a 900 odd mhz, and it has performed equally as bad in my dads 1.2 ghz...

Check if you`re using FSAA. If you do, you must turn it off, it`s a major performance hit-
??
please explain this josep :) thx every1 for replying:)

Josep

eyerun4phun
yes it is a major hit;) ok, i actually read up on video cards for awhile so I know just a little about what i'm talking about;)

DuDe: You get what ya pay for:) obviously, hold on, i just found a good article,

/me making a new thread...;)

gokuss4

Meh...
according to what i heard and saw, the radeon 850 beats the gf3 clan. but does not beat the gf4 clan at all ;). the gf4 clan ti4200 ti4400 and ti4600 are the best right now (as everyone knows). anyways hers the list of all or most 3d cards from worst to best performance.

Mystique
Rendition V1000
Voodoo Rush
Voodoo 4MB
Voodoo 6MB (Canopus)
Rage Pro (Xpert@play, Xpert98)
i752 (Intel 810)
Riva 128
Rendition V2100
Riva 128ZX
i740
Rendition V2200
i754 (Intel 815)
TNT2 Vanta LT
Voodoo Banshee
Permedia3
G200
Savage4
Voodoo2
TNT2 Vanta
Rage 128 (Xpert 2000)
TNT
TNT2 M64
Savage4 Pro
AIW 128
Voodoo2 SLI
V3 2000
G450
G400
TNT2
V3 3000
G400 MAX
V3 3500
TNT2 Pro
TNT2 Ultra
nForce 220 (integrated GF2 MX)
Savage 2000 (Diamond Viper II)
GF2 MX200
V4 4500
Rage Fury MAXX
nForce 420 (integrated GF2 MX)
Kyro
Radeon VE 7000
GF 256 SDR
GF2 MX
GF2 MX400
Radeon SDR 7200
GF4 MX420
GF2 GTS-V
Radeon LE
GF DDR
Radeon DDR
V5 5500
GF2 GTS
Kyro II
GF2 Pro
Kyro II SE
GF2 Ti
Radeon 7500
GF4 MX440
GF2 Ultra
GF4 MX460
GF3 Ti200
Radeon 8500LE
GF3
GF3 Ti500
Radeon 8500
GF4 Ti4200
GF4 Ti4400
GF4 Ti4600

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

well

Well it is a reasonabley new card in a comp with a 952 Mhz processor and 1/2 gig of ram come on it should'nt run that slow :cry: My damn TNT2 out performs it!

P.s FSAA abreive for wot??
It is driving my insane!!! :!!!:
Thx for replying

Last edited:

flow``

flow``
one thing you'll obviouslly want to do is grab the latest nvidia det's if you already havent. i [assume] your running windows 98se/2k/xp will all the latest updates, especially dx 8.1. possibly a fresh reboot or freeing up your system recourses might give a minor boost as well.

also, (depending on what your doing) toning down the video game settings to 16 bit textures, lower detailed geometry, and in q3, up'ing your r_picmip X to 2-3 might add a boost

updating your mobo bios and updating to the latest via 4-in-1's might as well help you out some.

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

yeah Ive doen all of that and moreover hundreds of times even different ops and comps my god it is so annoying

Josep

eyerun4phun
gokuss4: like the list, where did ya get it? looks accurate to me;) u forgot the catalyst and the paraheila, but those aren't released so i guess it doesn't count;)

FSAA: Full Screen Anti-aliasing, however you spell it, if your not aware what that does, BASICALLY it just smooths out edges a butt-load;)

OP
ssjkorn87

ssjkorn87

yeah i thought fsaa would be that ... damn I suppose the thing is either a conflict with itself or it is faulty :plain:

Im gonna destroy my comp! p.s turning off my windows (or Swap) file helped to utilize my ram more, it let my dads comp run rtcw on highest graphic settings smoothly would that help my mx440?? could my older hd be slowing down the rest of my system??
thx for replys. Mike.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ssjkorn87 said:
yeah i thought fsaa would be that ... damn I suppose the thing is either a conflict with itself or it is faulty :plain:

Im gonna destroy my comp! p.s turning off my windows (or Swap) file helped to utilize my ram more, it let my dads comp run rtcw on highest graphic settings smoothly would that help my mx440?? could my older hd be slowing down the rest of my system??
thx for replys. Mike.
Don't turn off the swap file! :cry: