What's new

Best Virusscanner Finally Found

Olger901

Banned
Hi Guys I looked on the internet and I found a really good virusscanner called Kaspersky Antivirus. I installed it and it's really WoW.

The advantages:

1: It DOESN'T! take extra time for my pc to boot in XP (I clocked the times exactly)

2: It finds more then an avarage virusscanner

3: Best of all if you do the updates manually the virusscanner is for free

4: If a registered user your pc updates automatically without annoying questions like with Norton or Mc Afee

5: This Program Has Lots of extra options including a: Office Guard, Email Gaurd, A Monitor Program and a Main Control Program to keep everything under control

The Disadvantages (Only one and not important!)

1: It is for some new beginners difficult to use

vileP

Are you sure that's it's free? All i read is that it is free to scan, not to clean.

OP
O

Olger901

Banned
Well yeah because I did a scan on my pc. It found the Virus Klez.H and it asked me what to do. It asked me if I wanted to Remove the virus, Disinfect the Virus or Report it only so I guess it is able to remove a virus.

Eagle

aka Alshain
1. Does it monitor your PC constantly for new virus threats? If it does then its going to use some resources. Norton monitors constantly, and though it uses some memory, I don't notice any slowdowns while its running.

2. I doubt it finds more than Norton. They have huge teams of developers working on ways to neutralize new threats. Chances are, by the time you hear of a virus on the news, Norton already protects against it.

3. Yeah well, Norton is kinda expensive

4. What annoying questions? I can set mine to update automatically, or prompt me before updating.

5. Norton has all of that.

6. Its not hard to set up and use at all.

So, lets see here. I just shot down all but one of your points and using Norton alone. I've heard McAfee is pretty good too, but I've never used it. My dad uses one called PCCillain, but I don't care for it.

OP
O

Olger901

Banned
1: I DOESN't take extra time while loading any program, and I can load all games without getting stuck while the virusscanner is enabled (with norton I always had to disable it)

2: Yes it monitors my pc constantly with the monitor program but I also don't have to disable it when installing my Nvidia drivers (and with norton this is a must) and also with the other drivers. Furthermore this finds more then norton because it also finds all joke programs around, and trojans and even some ADWARE!

4: On my pc it somehow didn't want to automatically update in Windows XP and the loading times with Windows XP were increased with about 1 minute 30

5: Is Equal

6: You might have a point there with Norton, But I still dislike the large loading times when booting (about 1 and 30 secs extra)

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
Oh! I know this Kaspersky AntiVirus!

It's Great!!! I use it and it's fast and reliable, much better then Norton!

Eagle

aka Alshain
Olger901 said:
1: I DOESN't take extra time while loading any program, and I can load all games without getting stuck while the virusscanner is enabled (with norton I always had to disable it)

2: Yes it monitors my pc constantly with the monitor program but I also don't have to disable it when installing my Nvidia drivers (and with norton this is a must) and also with the other drivers. Furthermore this finds more then norton because it also finds all joke programs around, and trojans and even some ADWARE!

4: On my pc it somehow didn't want to automatically update in Windows XP and the loading times with Windows XP were increased with about 1 minute 30

5: Is Equal

6: You might have a point there with Norton, But I still dislike the large loading times when booting (about 1 and 30 secs extra)

Well, I've never had a problem with Norton slowing down my boot up or my pc in general, I've never tried not disabling it when installing Nvidia drivers because Nvidia warns you too do so, but honestly who cares? I mean its not like you do this everyday. Norton AV can find trojans and joke programs as well. As for ADWARE, they put that feature in their firewall software not their AV. Finally, as for the auto-update, I've never had a problem with it as most people that use it will probably tell you.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Olger901 said:
Hi Guys I looked on the internet and I found a really good virusscanner called Kaspersky Antivirus. I installed it and it's really WoW.

The advantages:

1: It DOESN'T! take extra time for my pc to boot in XP (I clocked the times exactly)

2: It finds more then an avarage virusscanner

3: Best of all if you do the updates manually the virusscanner is for free

4: If a registered user your pc updates automatically without annoying questions like with Norton or Mc Afee

5: This Program Has Lots of extra options including a: Office Guard, Email Gaurd, A Monitor Program and a Main Control Program to keep everything under control

The Disadvantages (Only one and not important!)

1: It is for some new beginners difficult to use
1) Same here with norton.
2) No, norton finds equal much, if not even more.
3) Norton updates are free for a whole year.
4) Norton doesn't put you a lot of stupid questions. It works totally in the background, with a small notice when your virus def. is updated and when a virus, trojan or anything else is found and couldn't be repaired.

5) Norton has e-mail protection as well as office protection, etc, etc, etc...

*Disadvantages*
1) Norton is relatively easy to use.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
They are kind of equal... so I guess it's just what you prefer.... I prefer Kaspersky Antivirus (aka Antiviral Toolkit Pro)...

And I don't think it's difficult to use....

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
man, i dont need no crap antivirus software slowing my system down when im trying to get some gaming going on.
you would have to be a pretty big idiot to even be dumb enough to even download a easy a fuc* to detect virus anyhow!

norton works for me tho :thumbsup:

Vchat20

Can someone please post a link of where to download it? Cuz I tryed searching on google and went through like 10 pages and still couldnt find it. Someone please read and reply.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I don't even bother with virus scanners, they are always nothing but a burden. The only time I have ever had a virus was 3 years ago, and it was one that the virus scanner I did have installed (norton) was unable to detect at that time. And yes, I was just like the rest of the lemmings, I would always keep the thing up to date every week.

I use alternative measures of security that to me are a hell of a lot easier, and no drain of disk/memory/cpu, in fact quite the opposite. Just for one example, I intentionaly break portions of the operating system that I never use, which in the past most virii/trojans will attack or relie on to perform whatever their destructive function happens to be.

Vchat20

Well, I still need an antivirus myself. And considering the # of crashes I have within a month, It is highly recommended for me.

P.S. As a reply to a topic I started in the General Emulation section of the forum's, would it be safe to bring back my ROM's that I have backed up on a cd? I beleive there was a file within those that caused a virus I had. But all those rom's are in pure form, and the only emu's im gonna use are PJ64, CORN, and ZSNES. I need a for-sure answer on this one.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
B*A*G*G said:
man, i dont need no crap antivirus software slowing my system down when im trying to get some gaming going on.
you would have to be a pretty big idiot to even be dumb enough to even download a easy a fuc* to detect virus anyhow!

norton works for me tho :thumbsup:

Really. :phone: