What's new

TNT card problem

Mayco

I have a TNT card, but the only drivers i can use are the 23.11 drivers, any newer won't give me acceleration :crazy: , is that normal? Is here sombody that also have a TNT and does have acceleration with the newest drivers?

thanks

Mayco

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
The newer drivers are generally optimized for newer cards... You should stick with what works for you...

OP
Mayco

Mayco

thanks dude,

but it's stupid that nVidia says that the newest drivers also work with older cards while it isn't

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yes in deed it is.
I`ve been hearing for quite a while that the performance actually decreases on older cards, when the newer drivers are installed, yet I`ve never heard of a problem that is similar to yours... Eh, I don`t remember if it was like that with the Riva`s, but the GF`s aren`t made by Nvidia itself, yet by different companies, i.e Leadtek, Hercules, etc. Try and download the drivers that are released by the company that has built your card, maybe it will work.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yes, its like that for all Nvidia cards since the TNT and maybe sooner. If your using XP use the earliest version you can with XP support otherwise, there are many sites that will list the best drivers to use. I think they are around the 21.xx area.

OP
Mayco

Mayco

dude, my card is onboard and my pc manuals says nothing about other companies, so i guess that it is from nvidia itself...

eagle, i will try that, maybe it's even better than the 23.11...

thank you both 4 your help :)