What's new

Playing PS2 Games On Computer Question

Nazty

Do you need a DVD-ROM to play Playstation 2 games with an Emulator?

Oh and if I copied the game to a blank CD, would I beable to play it on a PS2? Or would I need a mod chip? And would I need a special CD? Like a DVD CD or would any blank CD work?

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
what a f**in stupid question.. no your CDROM is going to magically grow the ability to read DVDROMs.... or maybe the PS2 emu will include a DVDROM drive emulator

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Smiff said:
DVDROM drive emulator

I wouldnt think that would be possible anyways.... The Grooves on the DVD are too small for a regualar CD-Rom Drive to read it... it is called compression (DUH!). on the other hand... Maybe there would be a way to filter the junk info... I dont know... :thumbsup:

Anyways to get back on topic for a sec... It is clearly stated on the damn readme... IT DOESNT PLAY COMMERCIAL GAMES!

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Nazty said:

Oh and if I copied the game to a blank CD, would I beable to play it on a PS2? Or would I need a mod chip? And would I need a special CD? Like a DVD CD or would any blank CD work?
Yes, you would need a mod-chip. And yes, it`s possible to play early PS2 games if they are burnt on ordinary CD`s. The new ones probably requie a DVD-rip.