What's new

Free Compilers, know of any?

zorbid

Malcolm said:
Looking @ Dev-C++'s screen shots they stole the tool bar buttons from KDE version 2, damn stealers :(
It's just an option, and they tell that it comes from KDE. :)

euphoria

Emutalk Member
if you mean "End User Programming with Hierarchical Objects for Robust Interpreted Applications". then no. otherwise yes.

OP
B

{bLuE}

hehe yes I was talking about "End User Programming with Hierarchical Objects for Robust Interpreted Applications"
just wondering, I was wanting to here some ones take on it.

Cyberman

{bLuE} said:
Thanks a lot guys :)

*cough*Linux sux*cough* :p

Umm.. that's like saying the internet sucks or driving sucks. I remember an old saying.. opinions are things not necessarily based on facts.

Cyb

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
I wouldn't necessarily say Visual C++ is better than the other major compilers (I have a hatred of it's slowness on my Uni's 400MHz K6-2 machines with 128Mb, 5sec pauses with every 15-20secs of typing in it *sigh*), but most people code their Win32 C++ programs with it and use features that other compilers don't support.

I personally use MinGW at home for my simple Win32 commandline C++ programs, but for a certain simple GUI project at Uni it just couldn't compile the GUI portions. DJGPP with the Win32 extensions may do better, but it is far more complicated to setup than MinGW.

Boooooommm

The Wanderer
I use Dev-C++ to edit and Borland to compile. Sometimes Dev-C++ doesn't give you the errors that are really in the code and I hate compiling with it. Borland tells you exactly what the problem is with the code and everything very detailedly. Sometimes Dev-C++ gives you some strange error messages (don't know if it's another language, but they look like: aegfsh lokesokj kjoes and crap like that). So, I would suggest Dev-C++ for editing and Borland to compiles. Both are free.