What's new

I got my computer to POST...now it wont detect my drives...plz help

garboy

Some One
Ok...i finally got my computer to POST...but on the POST screen it doesnt detect my drives...except for my floppy drive...i know everything is plugged in right...i have my hdd set to master and cdrw set to slave...can someone plz help?i have no clue whats wrong

OP
G

garboy

Some One
Also BTW...when i press F1(it says press F1 to continue)it goes to another screen then says "Disk Boot Failure,Insert System Disk and Press Enter"....Whats the system disk?I didnt get a "system disk" with my m/b or anything...plz help

Thanx for your time

-garboy

mesman00

What's that...?
you need to make a boot disk... yet, i think you have to have xp installed to do so, did a boot disk come with xp when you bought it?

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Alright.
When you boot the system go into the CMOS setup (by pressing the delete key @ boot)

Go to advanced setup
Try to find an option to let the CMOS auto-detect the drives.
Once the drives are detected exit the menu and choose Save.
Reboot and pray.

If you can't get this to work reply and tell me your Motherboad manfacturer and model so I can hook you up with some more detailed instructions.

:)

:bunny:

OP
G

garboy

Some One
On the POST screen it says "primary IDE channel no 80 pin conductor cable installed" and "Floppy disk(s) fail (40)"what do they mean?

OP
G

garboy

Some One
i figured out why it wasnt detecting my drives...one of my IDE cables doesnt work...i gotta go to the computer store tomorrow and buy a new 1

DrKupo

Banned
for a bootdisk go to www.bootdisk.com and run the program and follow the directions. Then reboot with the disk in the floppy disk drive then put the windows xp disk in the drive and type d: then type setup.