What's new

real rumble pak on real N64 pad... no real rumbles

TaN00Ki

i got me a PSX + N64 to USB converter like 1 week ago (yeah working great but it's not the point :D )

was walking out there and found a shop that sold a 2nd hand rumble pak.. anyway since USB can bring up to 500 milli-ampere and actuall rumble pak need 2 small batteries, i was convinced it would work in PJ64.. in vain :cry:

tried both N64 virtual pad and nrage 1.61 plugins and i bought new batteries for and and also aske the shop man if it was tested working, he said yeah..

any idea ?

oh... it's actually detected but noy working: i mean i tried zelda oot by example where u can fish in lake hylia, the fishman found a rumble pak while he wasn't before..

tnx :pj64:

Glurak

The communication between the n64 pad and the emu isn't direct ie it works like this:

U press a button on ur n64 pad. The keypress is send through your usb port n that conervter (dunno what it does at the meoment maybe only simple things maybe some more complicated stuf but not important right now) than the driver u have installed takes that signal and translates it to a standard controller signal (maybe this is already done by hardware) now the input plugin uses direct x (direct input) to get the keypress translates it to data the n64 will understand and sends it to pj64/1964/Apollo/Whatever so it'll handle everything else

Now if a game wants to send a rumble signal the plugin will catch this signal n translate it to a direct x force feedback signal which should be passed to ur controler over ur driver. Now ur driver doesn't support force feedback I guess so the signal will get lost n die ;)

Well to get to the point ur converter or it's software driver is crap thorw it away :D

If u had an adaptoid u could hope the next version of nrage input would support direct adaptoid ie talking to the controller like the 64 would n not over 3 different programs or so ;) but since u got this converter thingy forget it

I hope I got everything right :D

OP
TaN00Ki

TaN00Ki

mhhz.. intersting

anyway, my converter is recognised as i plug it in.. (well USB after all, not like the snes pad i converted to PC vie printer port and using direct pad pro drivers)

let's hope an input plugin can resolve it sometimes..

Tesla-Guy: nah i didn't.. dun have any PC game btw, i'm not a gamer, just an emu fan

OP
TaN00Ki

TaN00Ki

just found this ???

here's the 'PSX/N64 USB Adaptor' wich i own
http://www.zophar.net/store/graphics/psx-n64-adap-sm.jpg

and here's the 'N64 Adaptoid' wich i DON'T own
http://www.zophar.net/store/graphics/n64-adaptoid-sm.jpg
for this one, they say "The Adaptoid also fully supports DirectX force feedback bla bla", not for the PSX/N64 USB Adaptor :cry: :cry: :cry:

i could have tried long...

i guess i'll have to get myself a N64 Adaptoid and a 2nd N64 pad :pissed:

source: http://www.zophar.net/store/items.phtml?n64-acc#n64-adaptoid

OP
TaN00Ki

TaN00Ki

note that the N64 Adaptoid is double the price and 'just' support N64 pad rather than N64 + PSX ......

:pj64:

flow``

flow``
sigh.. please no linking to ZD..

and if your going to buy an adaptoid (which i suggest over the psx-n64 hookup) get it from wishtech themselves. swampgas .. well we wont go there. just take my word on it :)

bodie

TaN00Ki your pad is not force feedback compatible ,it is however compatible with the dual shock but not using the force feedback feature .. you have to look out for these things before you purchase .. and yes adaptoid is a good buy but like already stated buy it from wishtech
regards bodie
Smiff , a while back you said wishtech were making an input plugin to hopefully go out with the main release .. is this still in the pipeline , i haven't seen it mentioned since

Smiff

Emutalk Member
flow`` said:
sigh.. please no linking to ZD..

and if your going to buy an adaptoid (which i suggest over the psx-n64 hookup) get it from wishtech themselves. swampgas .. well we wont go there. just take my word on it :)

lol. agreed. they seem to be undercutting Wishtech, whats going on there. and is wishtech supplying them or is this a grey market job? fishy. stay away from ZD its starting to smell bad.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I know this is OT but right now theres only one news item on ZD.. and its about an emulation article in a magasine... sad.

OP
TaN00Ki

TaN00Ki

tnx for advices on it guys

oh and sorry for linking, didn't know the adaptoid was that know :cool:

another thing; wishtech only take credits cards :angry:
any correct resellers out there that u know about ?

flow``

flow``
i sent then a money order..
maybe you can send them a travelers check or something if your not from the US/canada

maybe smiff can help you, he lives in europe and bought one from them