What's new

Starwars Rogue Squadron: Black Screen

Nazty

I was wondering if anyone has found the fix for Starwars Rogue Squadron.

When I load the game the screen just stays black and nothing happens. I tried setting to the F3Dex 1XX or whatever that is. I'm
Using PJ64 1.5 Beta1

Heres my Specs if it helps:
AMD T-BIRD 1GHz
256MB DDR
Windows XP Pro
GeForce 3 Ti 500

And all my drivers are the latest.

OP
N

Nazty

I don't think. Cause usually whenever I download roms I always get the U [!] ones. But I'll redownload it.

In the ROM Browser It Says under Status: Improved in 1.5, Notes (core): ?, Notes (default plugins): Graphics Unsupported (using F3DEX 1.XX

OP
N

Nazty

Nope it ain't a Bad ROM, I redownload the Starwar Rogue Squadron (U) [!] from Emuchina's GoodRoms Section, and I still have the same problem.

OP
N

Nazty

My bad bro

What you mean you need to compile that utility?

Kirknav, I know what my problem is, If you would have read, I said in my first post, I was wondering if anyone has found the fix for it yet, not: does anyone know what my problem is.

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Nazty said:
Graphics Unsupported (using F3DEX 1.XX)

That Should answer the question...

I agree with kriknav

The Reason you get a black screen is, The way the plugin processes the GFX is not supported.... If it cant process it, it cant be shown... No Way to fix it... Unless you find another plugin... Sorry...

nudetothis

Actually I've gotten through the Battle of Hoth stage with that game. Lots of fun, but when the next stage begins, which is FPS, it flickers and flashes so much I gave up on it and fired up Rogue Leader on the Gamecube.

Allnatural

nudetothis said:
Actually I've gotten through the Battle of Hoth stage with that game. Lots of fun, but when the next stage begins, which is FPS, it flickers and flashes so much I gave up on it and fired up Rogue Leader on the Gamecube.
You're thinking of the wrong game.

nudetothis

Ooops!:thumbsup: Yeah youre right. The one I tried was Shadows of the Empire. Havent tried Rogue Squadron...guess I know now not to.

Sorry.