What's new

overclocking 166 mhz to 2ghz!

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
I'm not really doing this. but this is just some light humour.

if I overclock 166 to do 2 gig, how fast will it take for the processor to overheat? ;)

:D :colgate:

blizz

I suggest a custom built liquid nitrogen cooling system instead of the normal heat sink and fan combo :D

flow``

flow``
blizz said:
I suggest a custom built liquid nitrogen cooling system instead of the normal heat sink and fan combo :D

too complicated.. just throw your pc in your deep freeze and let the wires hang out of it going to your monitor

Eagle

aka Alshain
blizz said:

Liquid Nitrogen probably wouldn't get it cold enough. You would have to put it in a Absolute Zero environment.

blizz

if we could reach absolute zero it'd stop working, suggest flooding it with Liquid Helium, coldest thing we've got at Uni, and a good bit colder than pluto too, Liquid Helium is something silly like 4 kelvin

demon

xbox is shit
I've seen a Liquid Nitrogen cooler, they look crazy. Lol.

On another note, Intel have created a transister that can flip at about 20 billion times a second (I think). I am not too sure on the exact speed it can alternate at but it's about that. Check http://www.intel.com For more infomation.

i saw on a website once these guys got a 486 to ~230mhz with extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme cooling... it ran half-life, slowish but it ran... 5 mins later they had one very fried 486 :)