What's new

Donkey Kong 64 In a permanent loop?

fawkes8100

I have read through some of these threads regarding Donkey Kong 64, but i havent found any useful advice. every time i try to play it, i get this error:

In a permanent loop that cannot be exited. Emulation will now stop. Verify ROM and ROM Settings.

I have changed a few things, but nothing huge, (io'm not sure what i'm doing)... are there any plug-ins, or any kind of patch i can get to make this work? Sorry if this is in another post, i must have overlooked it...

RJA

The PC Wiz
The Jackal,

Don't assume you have a bad ROM unless as the Good N64 renamed ROM, it says "b1", "b2", "b3","b4" or "b5" or so on as part of the renamed file name of a N64 ROM.

Getting the executing from non mapped space error with Castlevania can be caused by TLB not being enabled.

Make sure TLB is enabled. Goldeneye 007 and
Castlevania *require* TLB.

Last edited:

cX_GX

Banned
I got the same problem with dk 64. If you happen to find a good working version, please send it to me. Thanks

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Eeek, people are just LOOKING for a ban, heh?
This your first, and LAST warning. Next time = bannage.

flow``

flow``
Don't assume you have a bad ROM unless as the Good N64 renamed ROM,

actually it should be quite the opposite..
ASSUME you have a bad rom, unless verified by goodn64

there are a lot of bad dumps floating around the net, namely on websites from the internet.

The Jackal

Swedish Wiking
Re: The Jackal,

RJA said:
Don't assume you have a bad ROM unless as the Good N64 renamed ROM, it says "b1", "b2", "b3","b4" or "b5" or so on as part of the renamed file name of a N64 ROM.

Getting the executing from non mapped space error with Castlevania can be caused by TLB not being enabled.

Make sure TLB is enabled. Goldeneye 007 and
Castlevania *require* TLB.

OK, but I think my rom was bad. I never changed the TLB setting and downloaded another version of the game and it worked. But thx anyway :)

cX_GX

Banned
I found another DK64 rom and it worked, it must have been a bad rom, as for 2bzy4ne1, I dont wanna start a flame war but who gives a flying frick if I requested a working one. Go find a place that actually likes ur complaining. You aren't an admin on this board anyway and if you were, I would care less cuz I probably wont post here much anyway, llama.

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Well, it seems that Smiff and DuDe cares since they are moderators and did you read this at all??

Originally posted by Smiff
You may NOT ask for ROMs ("ROMs" means Commercial Games), where to get ROMs, for people to email you about where to get ROMs, to offer ROMs, or ANY OTHER commercial ROM acquisition related discussion.
It seems like you didn't read it with the attitude you're giving me...:sly:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Oh, and a3t, dk64 will work for you if it is a good rom. The only issues for the game are the timing issues that sometimes make the barrel games unplayable and the graphical glitches that show up every couple of seconds. Otherwise, the game should be playable to the end. :)